1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Grid 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by DRDNA, Apr 8, 2013.

1. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/44350/?snr=1_7_15__13

I was really thinking about getting this game BUT, then I remembered how they did not want to support their PC customers with the last game ( Taking away the online servers :eek: ) and they also now choose to not include any of the worth while views for cockpit and the likes this time around.

I am very glad when my memory comes to help me from making unwise choices. I don't think it is in my best interest to support (purchase) a game that will not also support me (allow me all the services I originally paid for).

I can not believe how much they sabotaged the likelihood of return customers. Oh well my little rant about what could have been a great thing but isn't.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you know how MP is going to be setup for PC this time around?
  3. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    Not yet.
    I hope its some kind of p2p serving tho, anything that takes away the vendor supporting online play would be great.
  4. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm new ego 3.0 engine .. newer than f1 2012
  5. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    And I'm sure that image quality will be very nice but...how long will they support online game play? The vendor dropped us last time in that area, I know I will not let them do that again. If there is a demo I will play it but I wont spend a dime on it.
  6. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    I loved GRID! This is great for me as I never bothered to play online anyway. :)
  7. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i need some demo derby. sneeky peet, dannibus, doninkansas, and erocker all will be put into the wall!
  8. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I think codemasters learned from their mistake when it comes to removing multiplayer servers.
    I expected to see the DiRT 2 servers removed a while back which still aren't.

If anything, the only gripe I know so far about GRiD 2 is the lack of headcam.

I guess they tested out the head cam view in DiRT 3 and found barely anyone would join it.
    It was nearly as bad as waiting in the Gymkhana lobby.
  9. SpookyWillow New Member

Thanks Received:
    From what I was told on another forum it wasn't their fault the servers got shut down. I was gutted when they went too :(