• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Grid Autosport (Review)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

Introduction

Grid Autosport is the third game in the Grid series. It is both developed and published by Codemasters, and is created in the EGO 3.0 engine, developed in house by Codemasters. This particular iteration in the series introduces the separate racing disciplines, of which there are five. These include Touring, Endurance, Open Wheel (F1), Tuner and Street. It also features an improved damage model.

Storyline

The general concept of the aim of the game is to take part in the various seasons (choosing between different disciplines as you please), eventually earning XP for season objective completion. The obvious idea is to have your team come first in each discipline and class (A – D).

Gameplay

You start off without a sponsor, in a Touring car race. The objective is to finish the race in any particular position, but to finish it all the same. Once you’ve done these two introductory races, the game skips through an intro video (720p, I can see the pixilation), and then seems to set your race settings to what it deems fit. You have your various options, including traction control, braking assist, steering assist, automatic/manual transmission, tyre wear, and a fair few other gameplay options. The only things I turned on were automatic transmission, and traction control, the rest was left off. The truly interesting thing about Autosport is that it seems to bring the player between an extremely fine line of Arcade style racing and Simulation racing. It’s not as detailed or difficult as a racing sim, but also not as blasé as an Arcade style racer, like Need for Speed. Instead it seems to implement the interesting aspects of difficulties faced in a simulator, but has a large enough buffer to make the entry level players capable of learning a little easier.

One thing I learnt is that you shouldn’t expect to come first place unless you have all assistance options turned on. Driving with raw controls was actually slightly difficult, and it took me a while to learn how the braking and throttling worked for cornering correctly. Tip: let go of the throttle as you come towards a corner, and a few seconds after use the brakes. This seemed to be a crucial learning stage. If you kept your throttle on, and then slammed on the brakes before entering a corner, you’d hit all sorts of trouble. Removing the throttle while entering a corner, and then braking marginally, followed by accelerating into the sharpest turn of the corner was the ideal way to succeed. This is probably obvious to racing sim players, but the newer and less experienced arcade racer players would take a few races to discover this. I certainly did, and after a few too many 8th place finishes before shortly coming to this realisation, I started over and everything went swimmingly. I even hit a 1st place finish on one of my Street race seasons.

Each driving discipline is wildly different, but I must say as a new player to racing games it was refreshing and fun. If you had just completed a Touring season, and wanted a change, you were totally ably to switch to a different set of discipline races and cars. The swift change from Touring to Open Wheel to Street was great. It felt like I had mastered a few different styles, and every single race felt different. Even when I completed a track I had previously driven, it played out very differently with the different styles of cars. It also made me realise why Open Wheel races had more laps. Speed was king in those, and cornering was quite frankly beautiful. It was however dangerous, as damage played a key role in the experience.

Damage is a big thing to monitor in Autosport, it can break your 1st place pole if the steering or suspension is broken. On straight my car would wildly flail to the left constantly if my steering was failing and the suspension had taken a hit. It becomes even more scary when you’re doing that in an Open Wheel race, taking corners at speeds in excess of 100MPH. Each system seems to have special (horrifying) effects when they’re on a warning or altogether severely damaged. For instance I noticed that a shattered windscreen slows your overall top speed, which is realistic you might think, but the kind of thing a lot of games may miss out. There are multiple ways of damaging your car, many different issues that come with them, and they scupper your chance of finishing in pole. It is possible however to win with a couple of damaged systems, but that’s why this game is not for the hardcore simulator crowd. You can kind of use other cars as a cushion as you’re going round corners, but it’s not advised. It slows you down, damages your steering and engine, plus you get bonus XP for completing a race with no car to car contacts.

Beyond disciplines being introduced, the game makes use of existing systems in previous games, including sponsors and the flashback mechanic (very useful for new players, and general mishaps if you’re accident prone). Flashback is something Grid players will be familiar with. In a spot of bother you’d wished you had avoided? Flashback rewinds for a short period until you’re happy with the point at which you’d like to continue. It’s not eternal however, you have limited flashbacks, and they only go as far back as a few seconds of gameplay. You can set the number of flashbacks in your game setup. The game is quite punishing. If you spin off, you’re going to lose a lot of positions, and it’s going to take you a fair amount of laps to successfully get back to where you were. Rival cars will be better at different racing aspects than your setup. You have to choose between cornering stability and top speed before each race on your car setup. This means you have to capitalise on your advantages, and enemies will capitalise on theirs. Flashback makes for a useful tool if you lose a lot of ground in one giant mistake.

Sponsors play a key part, in that better sponsors allow a more specific customisation on your car setup, fine tuning suspension and downforce. They also demand different levels of success in order to maintain their sponsorship. Obviously the better the car capability, the higher their requirements are to maintain. Usually it involves having a higher team ranking after a season, or consistently beating a specific rival. They’ll also have their own objective requirements and rewards, awarding varying amounts of XP based on their difficulty.

Controls

Keyboard and mouse in not a wise decision. Not in the slightest. I tried and failed. I had to switch over to my Xbox 360 controller, which the game has controls mapped for, and made the experience vastly easier and superior. Obviously there are options for other forms of control, the most obvious being the racing wheel, a choice made by racing connoisseurs. Beyond all this, the control feel of the game is beautiful. Succeeded in taking a corner and skimming past a rival is glorious, but messing it up is crushing at the same time.

Video Settings

The game has a wonderful amount, just right in terms of options, and is fully DX11 enabled. The main issue I have is the immensely lacklustre effort for the internals of the car. When in driver seat mode, the ambient occlusion severely blurs everything that’s not in the view of the windscreen. I can understand wanting to keep focus on the track, but this really makes the inside of the car look like absolute crap, considering everything else looks so good. Outside of the track doesn’t look so great, but the cars themselves and the general track and skyline look pretty good. There’s also an interesting option for Intel iGPUs, a special kind of HDR rendering.

A super neat option in the game is the ability to use the second monitor. It can either display as a broadcast screen for online recording, or as a player stat/info screen in the middle of career mode races, showing rear car views and team position stats. Pretty awesome feature if you ask me.

System Performance

CPU: i5 4670 (Stock)
GPU: MSI GTX 970 (Stock)
RAM: 16GB 2133mhz
Storage: WD 1TB 7200RPM
Display: 2560 x 1440

Paired with the fact the port is actually extremely well done between consoles and PC, the engine is also vastly more optimised since the last game. Totally and utterly maxed out, the game performs extremely well, no pop in issues, and everything looks good. Frame rates are great, and the game is sponsored by Intel Integrated Graphics, so I assume it can run rather well on iGPUs with the HDR option enabled.

1440p

1080p

Conclusion

I started racing games back when TOCA racing was a thing on the Playstation, and dabbled in the Xbox 360 version. I even played a fair amount of Need for Speed and Burnout, along with about 3 or 4 hours of Test Drive Unlimited. Basically most of my racing game history has been with largely arcade style games, but I got bored of them quite quickly. I also never really had the chance to get to grips with racing simulations, the most recent F1 being my only experience. Grid Autosport is a beautiful mesh between the two worlds. It’s not quite as easy and forgiving as NFS, but at the same time doesn’t suffer the woefully inaccurate car stability and turning capabilities either. While it teeters closer and closer to the edge of simulation, it doesn’t quite make it all the way. This was probably designed to be approachable by the more arcade accustomed players, and I feel like the Flashback option breaks them in at the beginning. The learning curve isn’t that steep, and with a few pointers it’s easy to get the hang of.

Overall the experience was extremely satisfying. It felt more skilful than predecessors, but not as scary as the likes of more seasoned simulators. I felt happy with not being first, as I felt working hard for a 2nd 3rd or even 4th place position was a success in itself, as team position is what matters most. It makes you work hard on your driving skill, and rewards you for your minor successes, while giving players the option to make mistakes as they go along. It also offers some great driving styles if Touring or Open wheel isn’t your thing. Find Endurance boring? Hit up the street discipline for a few seasons, and then wander onto the Tuner side of things. It really does have everything for everyone, for all types of skill levels, and all types of driving preference. While it might not be accurate, and more of a broad and shallow representation of each driving experience, it’s still a great contender with games on either side of the skill curve.

Grid Autosport is available on Steam for £24.99/$39.99

Last edited:
System Name PC-Chips
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
Cooling ID Cooling SE_225-XT Black with noctua fans
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB TWIN EDGE OC
Storage 2X Samsung 860 EVO SSD's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - 4 x Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
I have owened this game for ages and i do like it a lot, I am glad they have added advanced control settings as this was missing when the game first came out.

I have played this game on my Logitech F310 and xbox 360 pad and both work very well although i much prefer the F310.

I also have a Thrustmaste RGT force Feedback wheel and i had lots of fun with this game but i have now sold the wheel so no more fun till i get a new one.

Thanks for the review RCoon.

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I have owened this game for ages and i do like it a lot, I also find it nice to play on my force feedback wheel and have had much fun with it.

Thanks for the reveiw.

Yeah I'm a bit late to the party, but figured a review on a game in a genre I'm not a common player of, that I actually enjoyed and was capable of playing, was worth a go.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Bought it on Steam sometime ago with 50% discount or so. It's a great game , I like it!:D

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Well done RCoon! I like what I see so far (and have enjoyed this game to boot!).

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
I can't be as forgiving with this game as you RCoon. It's one of the first Codies race games other than the horrible Showdown, which should never have been called a DiRT game or even made in the first place, that I keep putting off finishing because it's just not compelling to me.

I have several issues with it:

1. Most of the disciplines severely cripple momentum when steering with KB

2. Cockpit driving and is easier than behind view and looks too blurry and restricted in view.

3. For a game that leans much more toward sim racing, the car adjustments are woefully inadequate.

4. Open wheel discipline is by far the easiest, even on KB. It shouldn't be that easy in a more sim-like game.

5. There's not enough sensation of speed and thrill. It always looks and feels like you're going slow, and replay views are very boring.

6. AI are too arcade for a more sim-like game. They are too slow in corners, they weave back and forth in front of you, have faster acceleration than player, and are too aggressive.

As hard as NFS Shift and Shift Unleashed were, esp on KB, I actually enjoyed playing them WAY more than this game. This game feels rushed to me. There's way too many inconsistencies that don't make sense, and some things were just not fleshed out very well.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Maintain speed to corner, brake before, use all available grip to coast/maintain speed through apex and power on shortly after.

Every performance car I have been in, midget car, performance cart and tuner has been this way to get the quickest lap times. If you brake entering the turn you shift weight forward, increasing the amount of force on the front tires, and with many front engined cars the already higher force causes understeer as you slide, then accelerating before you leave the apex causes the weight to shift again and the rear tires to have axial and lateral forces applied resulting in a intentional slide (drift) or unintentional that results in oversteer and loss of speed and control at the best, or a wrech as your ass spins around like a sling shot and you kiss the wall.

Any ability to accelerate without spinout means you can take the corner at a higher entry speed, and should as the name of the game is speed.

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Thanks Rcoon I enjoyed this... I love the use of the 360 controller.

I have all the other Grid games but not this one. I guess I should add it to my list to buy.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Maintain speed to corner, brake before, use all available grip to coast/maintain speed through apex and power on shortly after.
Are you seriously trying to coach me on how to take turns in race games after I just said Shift 1&2 were doable for me even on KB? Have you played this game on KB?

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
meh game was a flop its also 4 months old as just as unimpressive as grid 2 was
if you can get it for ~15 bucks go for it else spend your money on something else

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Cant wait to start gaming again. The last time i did was in 2009.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
I have owened this game for ages and i do like it a lot, I also find it nice to play on my force feedback wheel and have had much fun with it.

Thanks for the reveiw.

funny how you still like it even after you get rekt every time we race :p

I can't be as forgiving with this game as you RCoon. It's one of the first Codies race games other than the horrible Showdown, which should never have been called a DiRT game or even made in the first place, that I keep putting off finishing because it's just not compelling to me.

I have several issues with it:

1. Most of the disciplines severely cripple momentum when steering with KB

2. Cockpit driving and is easier than behind view and looks too blurry and restricted in view.

3. For a game that leans much more toward sim racing, the car adjustments are woefully inadequate.

4. Open wheel discipline is by far the easiest, even on KB. It shouldn't be that easy in a more sim-like game.

5. There's not enough sensation of speed and thrill. It always looks and feels like you're going slow, and replay views are very boring.

6. AI are too arcade for a more sim-like game. They are too slow in corners, they weave back and forth in front of you, have faster acceleration than player, and are too aggressive.

As hard as NFS Shift and Shift Unleashed were, esp on KB, I actually enjoyed playing them WAY more than this game. This game feels rushed to me. There's way too many inconsistencies that don't make sense, and some things were just not fleshed out very well.

1. Its not meant to be played with a keyboard. If you play with the keyboard, the game simplifies the controls for you massively. Its too easy with the keyboard.

2. Thats how its supposed to be. if you dont like motion blurr turn it off?

3. They are more than enough. Remember most people play NFS than F1 2014.

4. Yes because of assists. open wheeler does not have tc or abs. infact in any discipline having tc and abs on will make you at least 1-2 seconds slower each lap.

5. Wide tracks give you that impression. play with class a formula in otukama track. you will get your speed. specially the winding section through the sakura forest.

6. AI is definitely not arcade like. Its an intelligent system which will behave according to the way you play. if you are aggressive, they will be aggressive(some of them) if you have no spacial awareness and block people, they will block you.
playing with the keyboard is half as hard as a gamepad.

if you found nfs shift and shift unleashed to be hard... this game is definitely not for you.

unlike nfs series this is NOT a single player dominant. in fact this time its completely multi player. with multi player career and all. single player is just for learning to drive different classes pretty much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
hmm its pretty obvious now that you are not a serious racing gamer..
I can't take that comment too seriously. Sounds like wannabe flame bait from one of those online Codies kiddies that's pissed off he can't win when he wants to and starts making up excuses.

I'll educate you on a few things because you sound a bit ahead of yourself with the assumptions. You know why serious race game devs like Slightly Mad still support KB and put a fair bit of time into calibrating it? Because they know there's some players that are seriously good with them and that it's getting common that a lot of race games support hold to arc steering response on KB. I've seen guys put in better lap times on some of the NFS games with a mere KB than most could muster on gamepad or wheel.

The one thing that usually holds back race games that aren't pure sim from being as playable as need be to get through all difficulty modes on KB is poor porting to that particular control device, not poor player skill. Then again if you had any skill with a KB you'd know that.

I can't imagine you're all that good yourself, serious or not, if you assume everyone racing on KB can't handle most race games out there that aren't pure sim, and Autosport certainly isn't. Just the fact that open wheel is the easiest discipline in that game makes it obvious they didn't have a clue how to make it, and I've seen people that play on pads and wheels acknowledge it too. It's just that some are smart enough to know you can't judge a player by his control device. So it's not race games in general I don't take seriously, it's poorly made ones.

This kind of short sightedness and pompous attitude is why I had mixed emotions about game reviews being done here, because they can easily turn into a little clique of dev smoochers that say nothing but mostly glowing things, and troll on anyone whom doesn't agree. Every review I've seen so far tends to lean toward passivity. Sure there's minor nit picks here and there, but it always comes down to mostly a worth playing rating, which at the end of the day is a business endorsement of sorts.

I can tell by the way you answered most of my points you don't have a clue.

1. Too easy with KB? Have you even played it on KB? The game is gimped on KB. They didn't refine it at all. You also contradict yourself. You say it's not meant to be played that way, then imply it's easier. If it were don't you think a LOT of people would be playing it on KB? Plain moronic to even say really.

2. OMG you thought I meant motion blur, are you serious? I'm talking about the crappy graphics quality of the cockpit. JEEZ!

3. LOL, again, I can tell you haven't played this on KB. Those adjustments are always needing to be maxed one way or the other due to the lack of refinement. Don't even talk like you're an expert on near sim games if you think that's enough. You talk like Shift was amateur hour, but it had decent tracks and a proper full compliment of car settings.

4. Again, clueless, lack of traction control and ABS is a big part of WHY the open wheel class shouldn't be so easy and grip so well. Not really sounding like a serious racer yourself there.

5. LOL, so again you assume, what, to massage your ego? I've raced that track, night and day, and it's Okutama, not otukama. LOL, even GRID 1 had a better sensation of speed on that track, and the multi view replay just tears everything Codie's done since a new one.

6. You know., I've seen so many Codie fanboys say this I'm getting sick of it. Even if you just pass aggressively with no contact you can often get the retaliation syndrome from this AI, and it often involves them contacting you.

The rest of what you said I just can't take seriously because you're so wrong about everything else I pointed out. The only thing that wasn't is that sp is practice for mp. Hey captain obvious, that's true of pretty much MOST race games that have sp and mp. Sorry, no cookie for you on that one either.

I'm 57 now, and even if I WERE up to playing mp still, I certainly wouldn't want to jump into the Codies online bash and crash crowd that like to exploit flashbacks. Kinda silly you assume I'm not serious just for using KB and only playing sp when this kind of kiddie crap goes on with all of Codies latest games.

And insulting assumptions WHILE you're double posting is a double crime in my book. You've not enlightened or helped anyone. You've only attempted to massage your e-peen ego like I said. Was that second post supposed to make me feel inadequate? It only makes me laugh really.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
if you play a racing game with a keyboard you are ruining the genre for everybody
to many compromises on both sides for it ever to work
keyboard racers are garbage period nothing anybody says will make me believe different racing requires analog input there is no way around that FACT
grid autosport aka grid 2.2 is a arcade is is not even close to even being a really bad sim its not even a hafway decent arcade game its crap-ola prettied up so the console nublish can feel gud about being pro rRacEr
you want a real racing game go play iracing its absolutely brutal its so good that NASCAR drivers use it to train new drivers before they set foot in a real 850HP race car
and no the keyboard isn't even a option in some lobbies

Last edited:
Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
KBs don't have analog feathering, but they DO have faster response. Gamepads by comparison STILL have an inherent response speed limit to their analog toggles, and most use digital, not analog, triggers now for gas and brake. If KBs were given as good a control scheme as they can be, and if more console kiddies would stop crying when they get a KB and mouse in their hands, insisting they're too hard to use, there actually WOULD be a lot of race games that work well with digital controls, complimented by decent analog filters.

What's ruining race games is not any set type of player or control device. It's poorly made games, with lazy tuning and gimped controls, and gimmicks that attract asshat players that don't want a clean, fair race. Some of them are even doing it because they're mad at the devs for how they made the sp. It's a recipe for disaster. What's worse is a lot of guys on wheels seem to think it's cool to blame ALL KB players for it. That's like kicking the dog when dad cusses you out, moronic.

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
Nice review yet again RCoon :) . I've had Autosport since August and I do really enjoy it. The WTCC (touring) and Endurance disciplines are my favourites. Looking after tyres in the endurance discipline really brings in another strategy level. I'd say Autosport is slightly more arcadey than a 'simcade' (except for the endurance discipline being more simulator-like). A good 'simcade' imo is Forza Motorsport and then a slightly more simulator than 'simcade' would be Gran Turismo.

I really enjoy Autosport because it I can play it nicely with a 360 controller, still have enough simulation aspects to keep me happy without needing to set up my wheel with say Assetto Corsa.

Performance wise I found this to be really well optimised for PC hardware which is nice. Also the dual monitor feature is neat where you can have a real-time replay being shown on the second screen.

I haven't played it on a KB and don't intend to so I can't say how good it is when playing with a KB. The only racing game I play with a KB is trackmania.

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Thread cleansed, keep it reasonable. Consider it a final warning.

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
dam!

i wish i had read this thread before now as this is quality :popcorn:

back to the topic i guess...

i can not agree more with your opinion dude and it does what it does well whilst not being very stand out at anything in it's genre.

what i do not understand is how it kept a 98% load but only used 88% power.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
what i do not understand is how it kept a 98% load but only used 88% power

Yeah, light kind of load I presume. I have seen stranger benchmarks :D

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I like my momo force feedback, or linear controllers to play on. I can't use the keyboard and mouse to drive with, the non-linear acceleration and steering are about as far away from reality as you can get.

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
All autosport DLCs are now at 50% off.

System Name BlueKnight
Processor Intel Celeron G1610 @ 2.60GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PH (rev. 1.0)
Memory 1x 4GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz (Kingston KVR13N9S8/4)
Video Card(s) Onboard
Storage 1x 160GB (Western Digital WD1600AAJS-75M0A0)
Display(s) 1x 20" 1600x900 (PHILIPS 200VW9FBJ/78)
Case μATX Case (Generic)
Power Supply 300W (Generic)
Software Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 (jessie)
Grid Autosport (Review)
The best racing game I have played. I like it since its first version.

I am not sure if there are others which will make me say otherwise...

Bow

System Name SLOW-MO-SHUN III
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 7950X 4.5ghz 16 Core
Motherboard MSI MPG X670E Carbon wifi
Cooling Quench 360 Liquid Cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR 5-5200
Video Card(s) NVidia GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB GDDR6X
Storage 1TB Kingston NV2 M.2 SSD 2TB 2.5 SanDisk SSD Plus
Display(s) Asus 28" VP28UQG 4K 3840x2160
Case Athena M1, 6 Chassis Fans
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA Super Nova 1000W
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Razer Ornata
Software Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
Great review, but I think I will stick with iRacing.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Audio Device(s) onboard
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15