1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Grim Dawn ( Titan Quest \ Diablo fans )

Discussion in 'Games' started by AsRock, Jun 7, 2012.

1. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    If you're wishing for a TQ2, you should check out Grim Dawn, the spiritual successor to TQ being created by the lead designer from Iron Lore. Currently, they have a successful campaign on Kickstarter (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn) but there are only 6 days left and with your support they could accomplish much more!

As a registered member of these forums, we have no doubt that you were or continue to be a fan of the Titan Quest game, along with the expansion, Immortal Throne. While there is no sign of Titan Quest 2 on the horizon, there is however a spiritual successor to the game in Crate Entertainment’s Grim Dawn. In 2009, Crate’s Arthur Bruno (former lead designer at Iron Lore Studios) negotiated for the rights to the engine from Titan Quest. Since that time, Crate Entertainment has been hard at work developing the open world ARPG Grim Dawn. Crate Entertainment has listened extensively to the feedback provided by the gamers who played Titan Quest, and the end result is a “game guided by traditional design and old school sensibilities, with innovation only in the areas where it truly improves the game and isn't just a gimmicky back of the box feature.”

As the development of Grim Dawn continues towards its final stages, Crate Entertainment invites you to view the progress that has been made so far, and the planned features that will be making their way into the final release of Grim Dawn. (Also, be sure and check out the outlined stretch goals such as two-handed weapons and randomly appearing high-level dungeons.) Like other independent projects, Crate has embraced the Kickstarter model, and the Grim Dawn project can be found at the following page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

Please take the time to visit, and support the development of a game that is sure to evoke memories of Titan Quest in a way no other game on the market will. Also, feel free to visit and join the Grim Dawn community at www.grimdawn.com

Thanks for your time and support.

The TQ.net admin team,
    On behalf of Crate Entertainment

2. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Wow, it's like no one liked Titans Quest lol.

3. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    This genre is quickly becoming drowned. Last several years there have been hardly any of these types of games. Now suddenly there are 5-6. These companies should have beat D3 to the punch.

4. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    idk why anyone is even playing D3.. I hated it..lol.. Put it down after 2 hours of monotonous, pastelle, ugliness. This looks much better.

5. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    You only waited 2 hours. :wtf:

Anyway will look at this. Looks good.

You vs millions. ;)

6. ChristTheGreat

ChristTheGreat

Thanks Received:
    Because each person have their own opinion :toast:

Looks quite nice. We'll see when this game will be release, for now, D3 takes my time :D

Crunching for Team TPU
  7. Robert-The-Rambler

Robert-The-Rambler

Thanks Received:
    Are you kidding?

Titan Quest and Immortal Throne was and is awesome. I never did finish it completely but I bought it both on Steam and earlier on physical discs. I still think it looks beautiful today and is a blast to battle mythological beasts. I studied Latin for years so I am into the genre. I've been playing a lot of Dungeon Siege 3 so I say I am ready for action based so called RPGs with lots of ass kicking. :toast:

8. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Lol no, just me vs me..

I hope everyone who likes the game is thoroughly enjoying it.. It just wasn't for me I guess.. <3'd Diablo 2 though..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    now that D3 is out, no one needs look alikes. titan quest was great, but also buggy and demanding on hardware.

10. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    I refuse to put money in these things..

1. Not enough transparency to where my money is going.
    2. If the game was truly good it would get picked up by a legit publisher.

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Thats only if you have the money to do such a thing and this has been in the works near the end of TQ.

Get ya eye's checked bubba

I can say we enjoyed TQ more than D3. D3 seems to be some thing that D2 wasn't but D2 was better than TQ except for resolution and camera changes you could do..

Look alike ?. it looks totally better than D3.

I just hope they aim more for the D2 type of play than the D3 type play.

12. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I'm actually very happy they didn't release before Diablo 3. I play diablo 3 and while it's OK it sucks compared to early Diablo.

Diablo 3 has nothing but bad reviews which all these other companies can use for major leverage in market. I am so ready for any of these titles to launch.

Torch Light II
    Sacred III
    Grim Dawn

So far all of these games look better then D3.

Depth says thanks.
  13. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    Err no, D3 has great reviews from reviewers and a lot of great user reviews and a major bunch of crybabies who flaw the user score. It seems people just can't have a balanced look at it. :laugh:

14. razaron

razaron

Thanks Received:
    As long as this has a WYSIWYG loot system, it will be a buy.

Most of them probably haven't even played the game.

15. Delta6326

Delta6326

Thanks Received:
    Wow grim dawn looks really cool I couldn't find a realese date.

16. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    the outlook looks grim on this one

17. Anisotonic New Member

Thanks Received:
    There isn't one, it's currently in pre-alpha. They are aiming for august 2013 I think. Looking forward to this, should be excellent.