1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GSkill Ripjaws C7 RAM timing on motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by xbonez, Dec 7, 2010.

1. xbonez New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am trying to set the timings for my RAM in my BIOS.

This is the RAM I have:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 ...

This is the current CPU-Z config

[​IMG]

It defaults at 9-9-9-24@1.60V. I manually changed it to 7-7-7-24@1.65V. However, the FSb: DRAM ratio is set to auto, and so my RAM is running at 1333Mhz. It is rated at 1600Mhz, but should I change it to that?

I've heard in case of RAM frequency, the higher is not always better and it has to stay in sync with the FSB. I'm not really sure about OC'ing and playing around with RAM as I've never done it before. So, whats your advice guys?

Also, under DC mode (in the pic above) it says Unganged. Does that mean its not running in Dual Channel, or does that mean something else?

Attached Files:

• ram.png
      ram.png
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, change your DRAM ratio one step higher for 1600mhz. Unganged is good and where it should be. It's running in dual channel as it says in CPU-Z.
    xbonez says thanks.
  3. xbonez New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok. gonna give it a shot right now
  4. xbonez New Member

Thanks Received:
    If I set FSB: DRAM ratio to 1:4 to get 1600Mhz, I get a CMOS Checksum error at POST. Should I try overvolting a tiny bit, or will that have no efect or might even harm my RAM? Currently its running at what its rated to run at, i.e. 1.65V.

EDIT.

Scratch that. I just noticed on the newegg page, its rated at 1.6V. That means, I'm already running it at .05V higher.