1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTA V for PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by twicksisted, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    dont be silly - you're forgetting the dozen DLC packs and collectors edition, then the re-release for the new consoles with new exclusive DLC and missions, and so on.

2. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    i love pc gaming and all, but let's face it, the idea that pc gamers are the master race is from a bygone era.

3. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    theres always going to be more serfs than masters, so it still applies :)

raptori, 1Kurgan1, PLSG08 and 2 others say thanks.
  4. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I havent even played many of my games that have been out for 2 or 3 years, little own a year :laugh: So I'm not sure how much any of that really matters. You seem to be taking all of this personally, like anyone who waits is living a horrible life or something and that there is no other game to play besides GTA V right now. I'm simply saying theres lot of games out there and many of us are in no rush to play a specific game, GTA V or not. I mean heck I'm picking up BF4, but even that I don't feel any rush to play. Only game I am really eager for anytime in the future is probably EQ Next.

The idea of PC Gaming Master Race isn't about one or two specific games. It's about the capability of the platform. Like Indie game development, Mod Support, Tweaking in general, and numerous other things. Consoles are great, you open the box, you play, they have some great exclusives, and anyone can open it and use it for the intended purpose. PC gaming to people who are on these forums aren't open the box and play. We are enthusiasts, whats "out of the box" isn't what we want, we want to tinker with what there is. Just like an enthusiast of anything. I'm the same way with cars, I don't buy a fast one, I build a fast one, because I enjoy it. Being able to do what I want with my game is whats fun. I remember spending a good 5 - 6 hours downloading about 40 Texture Packs for Skyrim. I then took them into Photoshop and went through each file ones by one for each mod, and compared the files of the same names, then compiled one texture pack combining the files I felt looked the best from the 40. I spent over 50 hours compiling a huge mod setup for Oblivion, and never even played with the mod setup, and I still had a ton of fun doing it.

Easy Rhino says thanks.
  5. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    dude, i am totally screwing with people in here. mainly the ones who are up in arms about the lack of PC version.

obviously!

6. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Trolling by an administrator. Can I start calling you Ted "easy rhino" Cruz?

7. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    pretty sure the next gen consoles will muddy the waters between the platforms. So being that's its not likely for GTA V to not be available on those platforms and its not likely that the current version will work on those platforms I'm a hazard a guess that by the time we see GTA V on the PS4 and Xbox One, we'll see the pc port come out as well. The nicest thing about the next gen is that they finally are off ibm cpu's and are back on x86 support.