1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 460...possibly bad DVI port?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by erek, Nov 26, 2010.

1. erek New Member

Thanks Received:
    are either DVI ports on a GTX 460 supposed to work as the primary one? can i use either available DVI port for booting up with?

one of my DVI ports doesn't seem to work correctly, and i think it used to work...

it displays nothing during POST and only begins to work somewhat when the operating system is loaded... but with a greenish tint to it...

is that DVI port bad?
  2. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    It doesn't matter which DVI port you use.

Sounds like it is in fact a screwed up port, if you can, maybe just try another monitor to see if that could be the issue.
  3. erek New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    for one, when using VGA it cant be hotswapped. so dont do that with the DVI to VGA adaptor.

secondly, yeah its possibly a bad port... test with an actual DVI monitor to find out if its the port thats bad, or something with the way its converted to VGA.
  5. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    dont worry about it :D

chances are if you use DVI from the video card all the way to the monitor that problem wont exist. the dvi port you had the cable in first on the video is the "primary port".