1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 570 HD 2.5gb ddr5 flash failed

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by tolian, Mar 16, 2013.

1. tolian New Member

Thanks Received:
    I bought two gtx 570's off a friend, in order to replace my gtx 295 pcb sandwich,one of the fans on one of my gtx 570's was only capable of going to 85% and it was running rather hot, i downloaded a fan unlocker and ran it, much to my surprise it ended up making my display default back and windows 7 wont detect the cards properly now. I wasnt really sure what to do so i looked it up and realized it altered my gpu, or tried to anyway. I was fortunate enough that the friend of mine had backups of each of the gpus vga bios. and has given them to me, i followed steps on various forums and followed nvflash commands to the letter from windows 7 cmd window to restore them, but it's still detecting as "standard vga graphics adapter" gpu-z lists and detects the statistics of the card aside from the name. its detecting clock and memory frequencies fine, and as my monitor is plugged into it right now as i write this i'm not really sure what to make of it, i'm going to attempt booting off a usb stick tomorrow but any tips and help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.