1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 570 or GTX 560 sli (not TI's)

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Zebeon, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Zebeon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Need some help in deciding which cards to use.

So here is the deal:
    See specs for all the system detail:

I am running an i7-870 with an gtx570- which works pretty well in all games (primary use)
    I came across a deal on 2xGTX560's on the B/S/T forum and bought them because my brother needs an upgrade from his 8800GTX- anyways only really needed one card but bought them both and put one in the secondary system (mitx) to do some light gaming on.

So: a few questions I have is:

Should I keep the 570 and my rig as it is or use both the 560's in SLI- and give my brother the 570.
    a. Never ran SLI or CF so don't really know much about it (pos and neg) of it?
    b. my motherboard is the EVGA LE version so I have one x16 slot and one x4 pcie slot-will this hamper my performance being a 4x slot.
    c. one of the 560 is an asus DII I think and the other is an gigabyte superclock, both have the double fan setup on them- does this matter at all- the guy I got them from said he ran them in SLI-
    d. run a single 1080p monitor
    e- guess I could keep the 570 and use my brothers old 8800gtx for a physic card?

want to do some light gaming on the mitx build so I COULD leave the one 560 in it but it is PACKED in that little case and it only has a 300w mitx PS so may not be hoss enough, but the case is to small for a full size ps, without some crazy modding going on. will 300w be enough or should I be looking for a different card- will it burn anything up beside the ps?

Anyways- lots of questions and looking forward to your opinions thanks TPU you rock :rockout::rockout:
  2. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    300W generic PSU is not enough for one 560.
    560 SLI smokes the 570
    Is your mobo SLI capable?
    SLI can be run at minimum x8 PCI-e mode.
    You don't need a physX card with the 570.
  3. Soup

Soup New Member

Thanks Received:
    PCI-e 4x will be fine for a 560 SLI

See here
  4. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    SLI can't be run on x4. NV does not certify these boards for SLI.
    This is from a guy at NV technical support:

"For a motherboard to run in SLI mode, not only must it be SLI certified but the two PCI-E slots you insert the cards into must run at least in PCI-e x8 mode. The option to enable SLI will not appear if one of the cards is in a PCI-e x4 or x1 slot."

If somebody has other experience regarding this please correct me.
  5. Soup

Soup New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oops! Did not realize.
  6. Soup

Soup New Member

Thanks Received:
    New suggestion!
    Give your bro the 570
    Sell the 560's and buy a 670
    nleksan says thanks.
  7. Zebeon New Member

Thanks Received:
    Aww I see, so no SLI for me then!! LOL

Also I think the mitx PS is an fsp I think, the guy I got it from ran the same setup with an ssd and a 470!! LOL
    so that PS must not be to bad LOL.

I could sell the 560's and get a 670 but I just got them and only game with one 1080p monitor, so not sure I really need one... LOL
  8. gopal

gopal

Thanks Received:
    Patna, Bihar, India, Asia, Earth, Terron System, M
    300W pSU are you joking if you install even a single GTX 560 it will be in fire upgrade it to atleast 500W here is my suggestion SeaSonic SII Bronze 520W (sorry does not remember the exact model) it will be nice to handle GTX 570 !