1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 570 SLI issue?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by neatfeatguy, Jun 2, 2012.

1. neatfeatguy

neatfeatguy

Thanks Received:
    I got a 2nd GTX 570 to run in SLI. Installed it, ran a benchmark test and my screen starts flashing green and pretty soon everything on my main monitor that the new GPU is plugged into is green. I have to restart to fix it.

• I was using 301.42 driver, so I stepped back to 295.73...same issue.
    • I reseat the card - same issue.
    • I pull out the 2nd card and run just the new one alone - no problems, but it seems to run about 10% slower then my Zotac 570...not to mention that the voltage is also clocked higher, but the clock speeds are the same as my Zotac.
    • I put the new card in and then my Zotac in 2nd...increased the voltage - same issue, screen goes green.
    • I put my Zotac in the first PCI-E slot now and the new card in the second - no issues. Screen doesn't turn green but I do get a few random crashes from time to time. I also see negative improvement in games in SLI - usually by 10-20% and it doesn't matter what driver I'm using. (yes, I do understand my CPU is holding things back, but it will be a bit before I can upgrade the MB, RAM and CPU)

So, does it sound like the new 570 has issues?

2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    I know it's weird, but I had an issue with color flashes with a bad sli cable.

Random thought for help.

3. neatfeatguy

neatfeatguy

Thanks Received:
    Appreciate the thought, but I did also think of that - just forgot to mention it.

The SLI bridge worked fine with the 280s I was running and I know it's not the MB since the 280s and bridge still work fine - just tested them out. Only problem I get using the 280s is that they're slower than a single GTX 570....maybe only 10-20%.

It shouldn't be a PSU issue, the 570 only draws about 15-30 more watts over the 280 under normal use and maybe up to 50W more if pushed hard.

4. Xorgetra

Xorgetra

Thanks Received:
    Same happen to me with SLI of GTX 480\'s and TPU\'ers recommended cleaning the Sli bridge and it worked!!, hope it does it for you =)

neatfeatguy says thanks.
  5. Xorgetra

Xorgetra

Thanks Received:
    So , did you tried what i said ??

6. neatfeatguy

neatfeatguy

Thanks Received:
    I haven't had time yet. My work hours are a bit odd, plus the wife and I are getting things ready for a new baby so my free time is very limited right now.

I'm hoping I can find time on Thursday. I'll post my results when I can.

7. Xorgetra

Xorgetra

Thanks Received:
    Ok , no problem =) . Congrats for the baby!!

8. neatfeatguy

neatfeatguy

Thanks Received:
    Thanks!

I pulled out the GPUs. Cleaned out the bridge and PCI-E slots. Blew out the dust from the Zotac card and reconnected everything.

I put my EVGA in slot 1 and the Zotac in slot 2 - ran a few GPU stress tests and even gamed for a good hour or more and no issues so far. Hopefully it keeps that way.