1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gtx 570 temp issues

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by mp3boy, May 4, 2012.

1. mp3boy

mp3boy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone,

I recently installed two Accelero Xtreme Plus IIs on my gtx 570s (due to a noise issue regarding the vanilla coolers)

Thing is...the Xtremes are 3 slots each...and so the bottom card practically cuts off airflow to the top card...this is reflected when i game

top card peaks @ 98c...while the bottom card peaks @ 54C

I know it's not a cooler problem because i've taken the bottom card out and the top card doesn't get nearly as hot.

What can I do? D: I've even tried downclocking my video cards...but to no avail :(
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Have a side fan(s) for exhaust. How does the bottom card cut airflow to the top card? Wouldn't it be the other way around?
  3. mp3boy

mp3boy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a Haf 932 black edition...so no side fan :(

and er the bottom card just...cuts off airflow to the top card cause they're so close together haha

umm I tried installing a 120mm fan at the front (yate loon)

but temps didn't change :(
  4. mp3boy

mp3boy New Member

Thanks Received:
    took a video card out and temps improved loads...so now I just need to figure out a way to keep both in xD
  5. Redspeed93

Redspeed93

Thanks Received:
    Find a way to mount a fan on the back of your case (outside) pulling air out from the GPUs. This can be done with some long bolts/screws.

I did this with my HAF X case, and my GTX 570 SOC SLI, and it lowered temps by 20 degrees celsius on the top card with full load, even though the top card had a free slot down to the bottom card, so it may lower your temps even more. The fan was a coolermaster R4 (2000rpm).
    mp3boy says thanks.
  6. mp3boy

mp3boy New Member

Thanks Received:
    That sounds brilliant :D Do you think I should grab a gentle typhoon?
  7. Redspeed93

Redspeed93

Thanks Received:
    You could sure, but just remember you need to get something with a high static pressure(that's my experience anyway) because otherwise you won't be able to pull the hot air from the GPU out from the point furthest away from the fan. So if you get a gentle typhoon, get the ones with a bit higher rpm, like 1850, or you will probably still have some hot air in the middle of your case which the fan cannot pull out. :)
    mp3boy says thanks.
  8. mp3boy

mp3boy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry but I just realized that you posted. I ordered a different HAF 932 side panel so that I could install 4 gts that I'm planning on using as exhaust. Hopefully they'll clear up this heat issue!