1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 580 destroyed helpppp ...!

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by kappoo, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kappoo

kappoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    Be polite :-w

:nutkick:
    lol

i don't know :D but in the world I'm in hurry for typing anythings:rockout:
    any way , I do this successfully done my job because I believe it .

But other people just me they were prohibited from doing, so because they are afraid of nothing !

Bios Flashing is very easy job And is dangerous only when other models on the BIOS flash to a different model Because you could not be able to take working on the software mode .

Via A motherboard with two graphics slots you will be able to recovery the dead card on the software mode if you flashed the same model of your card bios . Apart from these cases only the hardware mode is recoverable .

2. b1k3rdude New Member

Thanks Received:
    Whats fairly obvious is Kappo isnt a native english speaker, it entirely possible he has tried all the thing we suggested and the bios hard-program was the only route.

kappoo, {JNT}Raptor and Solaris17 say thanks.
  3. {JNT}Raptor

{JNT}Raptor New Member

Thanks Received:
    WTF is this....he comes here to ask for help.....he thinks of something else he can do after he posts......and you think you have the right to call him names?.....Christ.....is this a help forum or not.....he just did something very few would try to do and he succeeded.....give him some respect...you come off like your jealous you don't have his skills.....It's called thinking outside the box.......hell I would have certainly RMA'd the card....but he took the initiative to do something no one would think of doing....and you flame him for it? :nutkick:

kappoo.....GOOD JOB.

kappoo says thanks.
  4. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    It might have been clever from a technical achievement point of view, but he's trashed his warranty on that card. If the card ever develops a real hardware fault and is returned under warranty, then the shop will take one look at it and see that the chip has been resoldered and deny warranty.

GTX 580's are expensive cards, so I don't think it's too clever to trash the warranty like that.

heky, kappoo and _JP_ say thanks.
  5. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Neither am I. He did, except the one to RMA it.
    My opinion on this. Every one is entitled to one, even you.
    You think he did a good job. I think so too, but I still think he's a showoff, that's all. FYI, I do have the skills, just not the material or the need to do this, and jealousy is the least of my sins. I'm not trying to flame him, although I now see it looks very much like it. For that I apologize. I just think, under the described circumstances, there was no need for any of this. Any user with a touch of common sense would have RMA it (trying to cover the flashing) or take the proper procedures and precautions prior to flash the card. And I know this, because I've read enough threads in this and other forums about experienced members and their experiences.
    And it isn't thinking outside the box, it's a valid and common option to save bad flashed chips. However, only recommendable when such product is off warranty.

kappoo says thanks.
  6. claylomax

claylomax

Thanks Received:
    Your english is very good. :D

kappoo and _JP_ say thanks.
  7. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Or when you knowingly screwed up a card, and dont feel it is the manufacturers issue to fix your screw ups. I say his moral fiber is as good as his modding skills!

yogurt_21, kappoo and Solaris17 say thanks.
  8. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can't wrap up a thread any better than that.^

The issue has been resolved. :cool:

kappoo and _JP_ say thanks.
  9. kappoo

kappoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    First it was good that I told all,I can not speak English good .

But I tried to express what I mean and I wanted to understand what others say But I did not notice most of it .

In total I wanted someone could help me to save the card without non nvflash way because this way it was impossible .

and now i bound up to use my way Because I did not wanted to use the warranty .

And so i did, and Did not changed anything in the graphics appear Get that makes warranty void :cool:.

anyway this way for me is easy ,because As i suggested I had thought of everything .

I wanted that Apart from this two There is another way to save the graphic But no way was Except my way .

summary,I'm Succeed .:pimp:

And finally thank you from all :X .

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  10. -Zed-

-Zed- New Member

Thanks Received:
    All turned out well I guess. Now punch your self in the face and go get a type writer. Who does this crap for fun. For his next trick he will reflash the 580 bios with a Ati one.

11. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I need to lay down after reading through this thread :D

TS is full of WIN!!! :D

12. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    Fails so hard and then turns it into a win... I cant belive it

13. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I tell you kappoo, you had me going when you said you had that "heater" to do it with, lol. I really thought you were going to attempt this with a hairdryer, so no wonder I reacted like that. :laugh: That device is called a "soldering iron", my friend. :toast:

From you photo, while the chip was indeed surface mounted, I see it wasn't the really tiny surface mounted chips, which would be impossible to remove by hand.

Well done on the reflash.

kappoo says thanks.
  14. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    This thread is awesome. :banghead:
    Kappoo even though you can't speak proper english you still did it hahahah.
    you. are. a. genius.

Man I cant even flash a bios

Your Success Man :toast:

kappoo says thanks.
  15. repsol23

repsol23

Thanks Received:
    If possible, could you please post a pic of the resoldered card. I would love to see how it came out!!

16. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    I'm interested in the programmer, it doesn't seem to have that little chip pcb on it by default. does it program wirelessely or is there an interfce add on you had to buy?

17. qubit

Thanks Received:
    +1 good question. :)

18. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, that's why I reopened the thread. I thought he was going to show us his work. :confused:

qubit says thanks.
  19. repsol23

repsol23

Thanks Received:
    Not trying to be an arse, but this seems to be to good to be true.

This guy has been asked to fill his specs and that hasn't been done. This guy says he was able to remove the bios chip and flash to original bios but I don't see how he was able to connect to the machine he showed. He also says he has flashed hundreds of times but makes the most avoidable mistake. I have only flashed maybe three times tops and each time I made sure that all was correct before hitting enter. And to top it off this guy just barely started posting! Unless I can see the soldered card that he says can still pass for warranty I say this has got to be BS!

mad1394, Goodman, _JP_ and 1 other person say thanks.
  20. Goodman

Goodman

Thanks Received:
    Thing is , i've done few bios flash cards & it is almost impossible to flash the wrong card unless you force the flash & even than you just need a second graphic card to flash it back again.

So i too having a hard time believing this guy but maybe he as really done it?

21. qubit

Thanks Received:
    I'm not saying it's definitely BS, but I think it would be reasonable for him to show us how he did it. How about an "after" photo of the chip soldered back on the card? I mean heck, erocker even reopened the thread especially to let him show how it was done.

22. kappoo

kappoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    no soldering iron i mean is heat blower but i forgot this name :D
    and remove with soldering iron and heat blower and Tin sucker and clamp for removing the smd chip from GF110 board .

But I swear to Christ that The case it is not different from first mode ! :shadedshu
    Because quite carefully and have been bored .

I haven't bought it, It belongs to my friend :cool:and my friend buy it for $ 350 !!! my friend working in repair workshop ....
    This PCB is crated by me :D just a converter of connector for connecting the connections of smd chip leg to the programmer . :pimp:

This topic is more like threads on trial :twitch:

I Can't show any pic of my GF110 board and bios chip because I forgot to take photos before closing the fan and sink and ... and now i cant reopen because It is very nerve crushing, i have to reopen and re close the 22 screw's :eek: 7 piece four-way and fifteen piece six-way screws for what ? For you to believe?!!! :twitch::banghead:

but again i swear That this topic have never told a lie ... :ohwell:

i can show any pic about of my friends workshop and my little pcb in zoom mode and focus mode and high quality of it and anythings about these case's .

Previous Time I have to opened the fan and sink and ... for repairing but now i can't For you to believe ... I did not opened it for anythings Whatever be the card is expensive And no one isn't forcing it to open when not needed .

with this code you can do it ! nvflash -4 -5 -6 biosname.rom

Completely Bonkers and Bundy say thanks.
  23. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    kappoo, please please show us pictures of your friends shop and your PCB. I am almost sure I understand what you have done but am very interested to learn more.

I have a question - where did you get the pin diagram for the bios chip?

24. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    If I'm still allowed to reply here...

Easy, use the Internet. (1st link, PDF file)

Bundy says thanks.
  25. kappoo

kappoo New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok , i take many photo in tomorrow .

no need pin diagram ! is simple ! just 0 yes zero :D on the chip and programmer have a zero .

[​IMG]

Completely Bonkers and Bundy say thanks.