• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GTX 770 Voltage and Clock drops for a few seconds

System Name Alienware Aurora r4
Processor Intel Core i7 4820K Overclocked to 4,5 GHz
Motherboard Alienware 0fpv4p
Cooling Standard cooling/watercooled CPU
Memory 8 gb DDR3 Quad chaneel @1600
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 770 with reference cooler
Hey guys,
I am relatively new to overclocking and i noticed this issue while playing Far Cry 4 but it also occurs with unigine valley and other Benchmarking tools. My GPU Clock randomly drops from 1215 MHz to about 500 to 800 MHz for a few seconds, then goes back up to normal. Also the memory clock drops from 2029 MHz to about 405 MHz and the voltage drops from 1,2 to 0,9.

I tried searching for that issue but all i found were people who got the same drops but have to restart the pc to make it go back to normal while my clock goes back up a few seconds after by itself.
Temps stay at about 70 C under full load. It feels like the GPU is like suspending for a few seconds.
I used MSI Afterburner for overclocking. Core clock +100 and memory clock +550, i did not touch the voltage.

I also uploaded GPU-Z sensor log while playing Far Cry 4. Hope someone can help as i am not sure if i´m damaging something here although i read you don´t damage it if you don´t mess with voltages.

My specs are:
Alienware Aurora r4
Intel i7 4820K Overclocked to 4,5 GHz
GTX 770 2gb with reference cooler (Titan cooler)
8 Gb quad channel RAM
875 Watt Power supply
Alienware FPV4P Motherboard

Last edited: