1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

gtx590 quad sli gtx580 for physx

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by modmadness, Sep 14, 2011.

1. modmadness

Thanks Received:
    I was wanting to know.. because I test 3dmark vantage all the time if I could get a reward in 3d vantage points in proportion to my hypothesis. When I add a gtx580 superoverclocked watercooled graphic card to my watercooled gtx590 quad setup? Or is the gtx590 a faster card on the phyx? I had a gtx 470 superoverclocked that got 267fps on physx on vantage but that was with overclocking the card. I guess my question could also be answered by asking what a heavily overclocked out of the box gtx580 gets on the physx test on 3dmark vantage?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    my question is why do you have quad 590s and a physx card for a shit benchmark like vantage?

anyone comparing vantage scores disqualifies those that use gpu physx, and i honestly cant see the point in $2000 worth of gpus for 1 benchmark,

to answer your question

yes a 580 would give better physx score

but pursing that for 1 bench for 1 score increase is also utterly retarded,

3. modmadness

Thanks Received:
    I would like to say thankyou for the insight on the gtx580. And tho disgrunteled thanks for the preverbial smack back into reality about the whole deal. At this rate in computing with the cost of parts skyrocketing. I more then likely won't be able to go and upgrade/build computers anymore. I guess for the most part I need to let a hobbie I have enjoyed for years that wasen't so popular new and everchanging and clean in some ways go. the blog sites I have wrote on and things that amazed me like the first gt7800's in sli(that I could not afford). And I would have never guessed I would have gotten this far(like what I wrote to start this thread). And the times the addiction of buying computer parts came to a fever pitch buying and selling in different websites that allow one to buy and sell(not saying any names). Making back ally deals literally for cheap graphics cards and low end tech port multiplyers. What you said really makes me take a good look in the mirror. I will never forget it the amount of joy I have had. All good things must come to an end.
    Really crazyeyesreaper in the end you were probably one of the best friends I could of ever had.

4. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    Well, to run vantage, like benchmarkers really should, PhysX needs to be disabled and run on the CPU. See Hwbot.org and pursue your dreams there.

5. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    just like ageia, physx is still not widely used, besides i dont think physx itself requires extremely heavy hardware. (aka a GTX580 TI or w/e they are called now)