1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Coming This June on Multiple Consoles

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Feb 15, 2008.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Activision made announcement today that it is working on a new Guitar Hero: Aerosmith game built around the legendary music of America's Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band: Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer. Slated for release this June, this latest installment puts players in the shoes of Perry (guitar), Whitford (guitar) and Hamilton (bass), as they rock out alongside frontman Tyler and drummer Kramer. Guitar Hero: Aerosmith is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 entertainment systems. The Wii version is being developed by Vicarious Visions, while the PlayStation 2 game is being made by Budcat. To mark the announcement, Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock owners will have the opportunity to download Aerosmith's Dream On song for free from February 16-18 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360. "We are extremely excited that Aerosmith chose to team up with Guitar Hero, bringing one of the world's all-time best-selling artists together with one of the biggest video game brands, to deliver a new and unique interactive way for our customers to connect with artists and their music," said Dusty Welch, head of publishing for Activision/RedOctane.

Source: Activision

2. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    I've been thinking about getting Guitar Hero here lately. I'm just scared I'll end up playing it 3 hours a day. :laugh:

3. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guitar Hero: Making tired old washed-up acts your parents liked popular again since 2005.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  4. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    I think Red Hot Chili Peppers would be a better guitar hero title. Just my personal opinion...

5. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    No, the chilli peps are good, but lets face it, they are no Aerosmith. I havent played the other two versions, but it seems Legends of Rock are missing alot of good tunes and bands. Not to mention, some of the bands and songs on it suck bad. Tom Morello, I just dont think the Rage Against the Machine Lead Guitarist is all that.

6. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Chilis? Jesus...they can't play anything but the same old shite over and over again, and when they do something different it's utter shite.

I've got the 3rd and it's a great game, but like WarEagle said, it does have it's fair share of crap songs.

And an entire game devoted to Aerosmith? Don't get me wrong, Aerosmith are an absolutely awesome band, but even that's too much. There has to be some variety to keep you going on it.

7. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Aerosmith...it's all fine and dandy, but I can picture Queen or the Beatles or Pink Floyd being better.

But that is probably because I love those bands.

8. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Why Aerosmith? I can think of many bands better suited to this game compared to them.

9. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    why not Guitar Hero: Weird Al, that i would buy

10. Snipe343

Snipe343

Thanks Received:
    hopefully the game is just $30, or something like that(im sure it will be soon after release anyways XD)

11. WeStSiDePLaYa

WeStSiDePLaYa New Member

Thanks Received:
    No PC version?

Us PC GH owners get no love.

12. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Don't count them out. I never knew GH3 was on the PC but it is. They don't spend any time advertising the PC version.

13. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    +1 for all them bands especially Pink Floyd :toast:

14. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Either way, one can buy a guitar/amp pack for not much more than what this game costs. It would be much more beneficial than this game.

Squier and Amp is $150. It has 21 frets and strings. Bang for buck seems better.

But that is all IMO.