1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

h100i SP fans/push pull?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by xbit, Mar 1, 2013.

1. xbit

xbit

Thanks Received:
    I'm looking into upgrading my stock fans on my h100i to the Corsair SP120 High Performance 120mm case fans. I'm currently pulling air into the case per documentation (screen shots below).

Do I need SP fans for pulling air in? I can see if a fan is trying to push air though a dense radiator, as you'll want to concentrate the air to help prevent it taking the path of least resistance (out the sides of the rad).

Am I being silly, or is pulling needed due to the same reasons?

http://x-bit.org/blackdragon/

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
    Hi

-May be, Scythe
    "GentleTyphoon" 120 mm Fans
    for static pressure; good for
    -rad shrouds keep air in one direction

atb (all the best)

Law-II

3. kg4icg

kg4icg

Thanks Received:
    I have mine setup in the push configuration and rarely do I go over 62'C when Folding.

[​IMG]

4. Hood

Hood

Thanks Received:
    No Pull Needed

The fans that came with the H100i are supposed to be modified SP 120 Performance Series fans, and are allegedly better than the stock fans that came with my H100, so no need to replace those. I have my H100 in push-pull exhausting out, with 2 SP 120 Perf. pulling from outside the case, and they make very little difference in temps, if any at all. They are hooked to a fan controller because they're loud, but raising to full speed doesn't lower temps. So I guess they're really just for show! I thought about swapping them, putting the SP's inside pushing out so I can turn up the airflow to maximum when needed, maybe then they will have some effect.
    Next time I have my system apart for cleaning, I'll try it with all 4 fans on the Sentry Mesh controller, for max performance during benchmarks, etc. If the result is definite lower temps, I will post an update.