1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

H50 Temps

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Doc41, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    I FINALLY managed to obtain the necessary parts to finish my H50 and installed it yesterday and gave the Hyper212+ to my brother, i'm looking for some opinions on the temps as i forgot how they were,

idles around 40-42C and full load about 62-64C, am i just being paranoid as the hyper212+ idles in the 30ies or they look ok?

Attached Files:

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    65c is fine
  3. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Interesting "mod" you have there? I assume your running 2 small rads then? Those aren't the "greatest" temps. Nothing scary tho.
    If you are running 2 rads like I think I might surmise that maybe the pump isn't powerful enough to push water efficiently enough thru both rads? Outside of that, just the basics. Try reseating it, check thermal paste application.
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Something isn't right if you're getting worse temps with it over the Hyper212. Check your mount, make sure the pump isn't hooked up to a motherboard header that is slowing it down.
  5. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I think he has a reservoir hooked up to the loop. Could that have a negative affect?
  6. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Well that's kind of my thought(Not knowing what he is really got going on there) The pump just doesn't have the Horsepower to be dealing with "extras" So it's not working as efficiently as it could/should.
  7. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    thanks all but:
    -Not 2 rads just the stock H50 with replaced pipes-coolant
    -and no again that's just a (Tee) but in my case its kinda a "Y", its top is sealed with a steam iron's drain port so its water tight

i was thinking maybe the liquid is too thick for the pump(is that even possible?) its a feser one

Edit: as erocker mentioned it is connected to the motherboard but the fan control is disabled and the pump is running at 1340~1362rpm, i did double check the contact and it was fine, maybe not enough pressure?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Ah gotcha. Now I see what's going on. May I ask why you modded it?
  9. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    FYI this pc was bought used, and i'm afraid to say the previous owner was an idiot as various components were damaged,
    and i believe that he opened it before and spilled some of the liquid (you could hear water splashes if you shake the rad and a lot of bubble noise if you move the pump) that makes 80% of the reason for modding,(other % was just me wanting to mod something)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, I think you are losing flow with the Y connector in there and Fesser One is most likely too thick for that setup.
    Doc41 says thanks.
  11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Fair enough you made it work again.:cool: Everybody loves a successful "Ghetto Mod"

That's my point all along the pump can't handle the "extras" and just isn't pushing the water around fast enough. It was only ever designed to deal with a set amount of fluid/flowrate.

Can't say anything about Fesser One tho. I am a Distilled Water guy with some cheap Zalman "mix" I picked up along the way.
    Doc41 says thanks.
  12. Doc41

Doc41

Thanks Received:
    i see, i'm still looking for a decent T though and if it can't handle the fesser i'll buy the swiftech Hydrx when i get a chance to and run it on distilled water

Edit: about the fesser one i know it is a ready mix and should not be mixed with other fluids but is it possible if i diluted it with distilled water? if i can i could save the money instead of purchasing some additives...
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
    Crunching for Team TPU
  13. Sinzia

Thanks Received:
    I had issues with my H50, a reseating fixed them, at least mine was finicky if it wasn't in -just- right.

Also, that loop was designed to run with glycol, aka antifreeze, and should be a lot thicker than fesser one/distilled.