1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

h60 i7-4770k

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by shovenose, Aug 1, 2013.

1. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Its loud and doesn't cool well waste of $80 plus it was a bitch to install and I'm too lazy to return it because I'm not going to bother removing it.
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Sounds like there's an air pocket/bubble in there. Shake it around a bit. If that don't work, you may have gotten a bad pump. Mine makes no noise at all.
    shovenose says thanks.
  3. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Well no pump is silent the fan is loud.

I can't shake my computer the hard drive would die.

Is 30c idle 60c prime95 load good?
  4. LAN_deRf_HA

LAN_deRf_HA

Thanks Received:
    Yes all the Corsair fans you get with their CLCs are terribly noisy. And 60 is good though it might run 10-15c hotter in some tests, and if that's stock speed I'd just call it average.
  5. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Mine is quiet (pump & fan) and keeps things cool. It was the easiest install I have done for a cooler.

You may want to re-check the installation and T.I.M.
  6. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Well, one of the four screw things on the pump block was not threaded properly from the factory, but in the end I got it installed.

So 60C is decent?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  7. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    Considering I run my 4770K @ 4.4GHz in the 85-90c range 24/7 with World Community Grid, yes. I'm using a TT Water 2.0 Performer by the way.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  8. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    60C stock running 3.9Ghz turbo? Probably ya. I can reboot mine stock and see what my Noctua cooler gets...it's a modern single tower D14 fwir. I love it..easy to install, quiet at hi speeds, and under this cooler with it's Noctua TIM (supposedly as good as MX-4) I have been seeing 80s to low 90's when it's hot in the house with an oc of 4.4ghz using 1.37v. Gonna jump back down to 4.3Ghz...but on air I can maintain a 4.4ghz oc with too much darn voltage.

If you return that, look at the Noctua NH-U14S...damn amazing air cooler! Remove and shake your cooler as suggested if you have a bubble in the lines. I would wager 60C stock might be about right for that cooler...depending on your case airflow, fan speeds, ambient temps, etc. So many things affect temperature. Have you googled what others are getting with that cooler and cpu combo? Maybe you're right in line? 4770k's run hot...small die, small area where heat transfers through to IHS...leading to most cooling solutions not performing as well cooling this chip...I've read a lot about it. Part of why I got a much better air cooling solution than I had prior to this build.
  9. shovenose

shovenose

Thanks Received:
    Well I'm not going to return it simply because I don't want to deal with it. Just trying to figure out if it's faulty fan, or if I simply picked a horrible cooler...

I don't have it overclocked, so the CPU is running at stock settings.