1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hacked

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Braveheart, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Lillebror New Member

Thanks Received:
    A repair and Sfc /scannow wont work, cause its to messed up! Your only way to recover, is a format and a reinstall :) And yes, you can copy all your programs over to an external hdd, but dont expect all of em to work.
  2. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    It will work. Please don't post advice that is not helpful.

A repair install will do the same for you that a system file scan and replace will, but the scna and replace will do it faster.

The easiest and fastest way to do this would be to use system file scan, and then install SP3 on top.
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  3. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Please also repost a hijack this log. Give me a short while to look it over, and in the meantime after following the above procedure get a rootkit scanner and run a scan with it as well as your A/V and spyware cleaning software such as AdAware and Spybot or AVG.
  4. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
  5. Lillebror New Member

Thanks Received:
    This problem has happened to me alot of times.. I know that it wont work to do a repair.. But it dosent hurt trying it anyway. It just can't fix those problems
  6. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    If a system file scan and replacement can't replace system files that are missing or damaged then what does it do?

Perhaps you have a different problem, caused by one of the many issues that can plague a computer. If you would like to start a thread of your own I can try and help you with any issues you might have.
  7. Lillebror New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sure, it can replace the file systems and stuff.. but it would mess up your windows installation pretty badly! think about it.. You have lots of new stuff from all the windows updates, new files and such.. And then you replace 80% of your files with some older versions.. Thats really gonna mess everything up.

I dont have problems i can't fix ;) But thanks anyway :)
  8. Braveheart

Braveheart New Member

Thanks Received:
    to tell you the truth i am not experiencing any problems that would need a reinstall, until i do have problems i am leaving it alone.