1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hacker Keeps resetting my Live email password.

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by AphexDreamer, Apr 22, 2011.

1. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    i have that on my system but its my emergency scanner not av, and as it dosnt run permanently it wont stop trojans .virus's etc from being downloaded or whatever, you need something proper for the job, there are a few good free ones but most of them wont do it all either so it might be best for you to get a paid for one that works well.
    and the minute/second you go online the hacker could be throwing a key logger or some such your way i had a pc get a virus whilst doing a fresh install i scarce got to see the desktop before it began repeteably shutting down
  2. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    I have been in this situation before , But that was with windows XP . Since I have changed over to win7 64 bit I have not seen any thing like this happen .
    Is there a way to prevent a key logger program at all ? What I mean is there a FREE program that can prevent them from this ? I use MSE and haven't had any problems at all .
  3. Bo$$

Bo$$

Thanks Received:
    Similar thing happened to my younger brother who didn't use a normal antivirus suite
    malware bytes is not so good as a standalone product, use MSE or Kaspersky AV for general use.
    Best thing to do is run a:
    Panda Anti-root kit deep scan
    Kaspersky Anti-virus Scan (use the trial if you want)
    (too be extra safe run: Spybot search and destroy)
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. theoneandonlymrk

theoneandonlymrk

Thanks Received:
    i too use mse but didnt want to recomend something ive only used a few months, AVG free is also very good but has the slight issue of not removeing rootkits(though it does try to block them) but then malware bytes does that so bit of both id sugest

most AV soft tries to stop all malicouse soft getting onto your pc but some versions wont remove all types, usually the free ones as thats how they make you buy, wait for you to dl something bad that they find for you then pass ya the sorry you need the full ver screen lol
  5. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Could be using the "forgot password" function, perhaps change that too.
  6. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Whats the lightest Virus Protection out there??

I don't like using them cause they constantly nag nag and nag and bog down my PC taking up resources and seem more like a virus themselves then actually protect.

Thats been my take on them, but if it changes things I suppose I'll install one. Will it really stop him from changing my passwords?
  7. Eric_On_Web New Member

Thanks Received:
    KGB keylogger maybe. Really powerful fully hided, extremely hard to crack the password to open the program and able to send all you type to a remote email adress in log forms.

The basic way to access that program is CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+K
    All at the same so press and hold. But even there its possible to change that command of access.

I used it already to learn about a cheating ex-gf (Thx to KGB spy program lol) and even at 500miles of distance its like if you are behind the person while he/she type.
  8. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    so after that mess with your steam account you didnt format? :nutkick:
  9. Eric_On_Web New Member

Thanks Received:
    Use Microsoft Security Essential. In paranoiac mode it will protect you without suckingtoo much power and you can even choose how much % of the cpu you wanna share to the mse program. But remember the more cpu you put in use for the protection the faster it react to an attack.
  10. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Thats the thing.

I did...

I've got AVG Internet Security 2011 running now. I'll use that for a bit and see how it dose me.
  11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You're screwed, someone has you on their hit list. Like I mentioned to you previously, get rid of all of your old online accounts, email, etc. and make new ones.
    AlienIsGOD says thanks.
  12. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    That much I knew.

I can't get rid of my old email.

It won't delete instantly. It will after 267 days but he could log in and reclaim it by then. I have made a new one for steam so that should be ok accept I think he's found out about that too already.
  13. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Contact support and let them know your situation. They'll delete your account.
    AphexDreamer says thanks.
  14. Kreij

Kreij Senior Monkey Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    That what I said in post #17. Take care of this offline (via telephone).
    I would do this for every online account that you have since you have no idea what's been compromised at this point.
  15. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    your bank accounts are next and your line of credit. you better act fast.
  16. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Contacting Support did nothing. Its all online. Didn't find a number to call.

I have to leave for work now, but I will look into it some more when I get back.
  17. 1freedude

1freedude

Thanks Received:
    What about a packet sniffer? Im not malicious savvy, would this be a method someone could employ?
  18. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    Odds are almost 0% unless it is someone in his house that is on his LAN (or accessing it wirelessly if he is using a wireless router, but this still presents quite a challenge for SSL transmissions).
    You could potentially access (hack into) his ISPs systems and pull packets (and have to decrypt them if sent through SSL (https)), but no one who has that kind of access to resources would use it to grab a Steam account to just play his games.
    They'd more likely be hacking into world bank accounts, corporate servers, governmental agencies or Mussels' pr0n collection.
    1freedude says thanks.
  19. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    All I know is I'd be running full virus scans, malware bytes and resetting all my passwords to something much harder. If that failed I'd reformat my entire system.. Guy gets your bank info your in trouble. Getting your steam info would be bad enough..><
    PS: If you find Mussels pern collection, plz forward it to me. ^^..
  20. Kreij

Thanks Received:
    @D007 ... He's done all that (even nuked his system). Seems to be still having problems.

You will need to rent server space in the cloud. I hear it uses more disk space than all the data from NASA, NORAD, CERN, the LHC and Google combined.
  21. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    If your using wireless would you need to make sure it has a password set for access?
    Maybe I don't understand that fully but from what I've heard, that's a pretty big security leak.

dang, did all that huh.. ouch man.. Who's cherrios did u piss in? ><
    LMAO Kreij....
  22. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    I don't know it anything like ZoneAlarm would help you now?
  23. slyfox2151

slyfox2151

Thanks Received:
    it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY its a local attack, VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY.... somewhere around 1 in 2 billion chance :p..... its just not how hackers work.... the amount of effort it would take to do that would be huge compared to the outcome of what they are looking for.
  24. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    honestly if we are nuking rigs doing scans finding nothing etc etc. im willing to say that its spam. some bot sending out fake password renewals iv gotten them before and my accounts were never accessed. Infact when mousing over the link in them it will probably point to a diffirent web address. Its probably phishing at its finest. One easy way to find out? Call Steam and ask them if their has been a recent reset request on your steam account. if yes. they are trying to hack it. if no your getting phished. Of course that will only work assuming you havent reset the password yourself.
  25. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Well I"ve put really crazy hard passwords and since then nothing so far.