1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hackers n cheats on line gaming ;(

Discussion in 'Games' started by gunsmoke, Mar 8, 2010.

1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    They're everywhere... it's horrible.

gunsmoke says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 5 Million points folded for TPU
  2. gunsmoke

gunsmoke New Member

Thanks Received:
    im at that piont my self a bit with you,
    i started of in the p.c gameing world as sp gameing 7 years ago,
    Tryed out the world of mp gameing and it just pees me right of,
    i no im not the best games played in the world BUT when im dieing n responing,
    10 times a secand it makes me fink lol.:confused:

3. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    I think this is one of the biggest let downs of PC gaming.
    People who feel the need to use exploits.

Sometimes it's hard not to point the finger at certain Countries but you can tell where the majority come from.

This is why people who use the exploits now tend to use flags which are not of any country but end up with a name like Vitalick or 17291729 which still points out a certain small group of countries

4. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I have to say I don't cross paths with hackers that often. I have seen the vids, the forum posts, and the rare brush with WTF, that is simply not possible, but never enough to make me quiet a game forever, or online PC gaming all together.

I hate glitchers/exploit whores more than cheaters. Cheaters get kick/banned. Exploit and glitches have to be fixed by the game developers for the most part. This is way so many people are mad at tards in MW2. They are exploit whores and anti-cheat systems will not spot it. I, like others, will just leave and find somewhere else to play.

5. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    Yea you don't come across hackers often but in games like GRID and MW2 especially their are tons and tons of glitchers and exploiters

especially that instant win glitch in GRID(I understand the game is old now but still)

another thing thats catching on is gamesave hacking, especially in MW but we can't talk about that.

gunsmoke says thanks.
  6. ctrain New Member

Thanks Received:
    i've ran servers for years for a bunch of games (cod2, 4, cs:s, l4d2, sof2 to name a couple) and i've pretty much come to the conclusion that 99% of complains at just that, complaints. everyone has their "holy merciful christ what did i just do i think i just killed the entire team" or "ok i shot at someone else and managed to smack someone else in the face with my shot wow!" moments.

anti-cheats these days will pretty much catch any public cheat out, the only way to truly have a working one is to actually pay for it, and not many do. PB has a bunch of master banlists running, one diligent admin is enough to get you banned from every server streaming it if they can provide good proof. almost without fail, i would get called out on wallhacking in cod4 just by doing one simple thing. UAV + someone in building = DOT BLIPPING ON THE MAP. if someone had parked themselves in a corner, you can bet that i'm going to put a magazine into it. did the other team necessarily know i saw them on the UAV? no, but it hardly mattered once they seemingly were randomly blasted through a wall for reasons they could not explain. there is a ton of tricks for tons of games and lots of people do things just for an advantage, and a lot of people can actually get much better than some think possible.

people just don't seem to have the tolerance for loosing these days. nobody cares about anything other than winning. L4D2 is probably the best example of this recently... i installed a simple plugin on my server that counts how many times people quit during the game... it's somewhere around 10 at the moment. that means over TWO ENTIRE TEAMS cycle throughout the entire game... and it rarely even manages to finish. people quit, complain, and blame constantly.

i've played competitively, it's been fun, i've won stuff before, but i like to think i'm pretty good generally without tooting my horn. all my friends are pretty decent, and we're a pretty wicked force when we're plowing through a server together, much to the dismay of others. i've had moments in cod4 where i'd end up like 70/10, 80/20 in public servers. how else can people justify that?

i'll just leave this here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3520996425810543110

gunsmoke says thanks.
  7. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    I suck at FPS games. But I suck legitimately. :D People can cheat all they want; I really don't care although it is annoying. I'm not playing for money.

gunsmoke says thanks.
  8. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    But then you join another server and another hacker is on board.

gunsmoke says thanks.
  9. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    I cant stand 'boosters' either (f*cking lowlifes!) mainly on MW2. I make it my mission to mess up their little plan.

Anyone that agrees with me should search on YouTube for 'Booster Justice' by user Sandy Ravage.....hes awesome :rockout:

gunsmoke says thanks.
  10. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I saw my little bro doing it so I beat him to an inch of his virtual MW2 life.

11. KainXS

KainXS

Thanks Received:
    well if your a random booster who just boosts once in a while thats bad but not that bad but if your in a boosting clan, thats pathetic because usually everyone in the clan sucks and everyone has rank 10 prestige, thats one of the things I hate the most about mw2 because they always say they're better than you and when you beat em, . . . . your a cheater and they report you to live(i don't see the reason)

and im sure all of you who got mw2 on launch have seen those people who had rank 10 prestige in the first 2 days of the game being out, boosting clans.

gunsmoke says thanks.
  12. warup89

warup89

Thanks Received:
    I used a wall hack on the BF2 demo once out curiosity, and man I felt "dirty" afterwards, I mean whats the point of the game if you know you are going to win anyways?......after that I never even though of cheating again......except for SNES games when [rarely] i need life or ammo :p

All in all cheating is just plain stupid, takes the essence out of the game, and gives you a bad name. Although I do hate loosing, I dont really care...I just move to another server and give it a shot.

gunsmoke says thanks.
  13. keling New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah cheaters. I wanted to play online this year but this thread does make me think twice. The last time I fought off cheaters was during a Half Life LAN fight. 3 or 4 kids suddenly joined my game and started using full armor and weapons cheat. All of them were running around with lasers but I had been playing for hours and on roll. So as it turned out I relished more in fragging cheaters than my friends. How bad is it cheating online? I wanted to continue my "fetish" of hunting down cheaters without cheating myself. maybe we should see this as a new game mode - a Snow Ball VS Satan In Hell mode, cranked up to impossible douchebag difficulty.

gunsmoke says thanks.
  14. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you are in school writing your thesis on hacking would make a great project.

15. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    I saw that video and I didn't understand a bit of it. Might be because the last game I played online was Counter Strike 0.7x. :p

gunsmoke says thanks.
  16. gunsmoke

gunsmoke New Member

Thanks Received:
    last night i was giveing the first cod game a go on line,
    just playing on one server last night and one player was standing on top,
    of a telegrapy pole shooting dawn at me and one ov the players was,
    trying 2 follow his path 2 goin him up there,

ive been accused of cheating once in cod4 on one server and all i was doing was camping,
    out with a barret 50 sinper rifle in the cover of the bushes picking the crap players of one by one as there walk through the door and racking up my body count lol,
    so i understand people all ways think people are hacking or cheating when the facts are,
    Must gamers are crap at fps games.

one thing what gets me some times is the cry Babies in must mp games crying about how,
    The other players play the game and the tactics there use i.e what noob guns there use,
    and if people camping in the game i look at it like this if im not cheating in the game im using,
    My gameing skills 2 win at the game i playing at the time.

i played f.e.a.r v107 last night and have seen players chaeting that game,
    over the last 4 days iv played it on public severs soon as i see a player,
    In the game and get my gun sight on them GONE ?? there just vanish
    off the screen when i shot and when i go where there was just standing before
    there no where 2 be seen and bang im dead and there reappear???
    so all i can fink is that there cheating with a lag switch.
    or there ghost players lol,

thank you all for your replies 2 this thread on this subgect ;)

17. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  18. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
  19. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    you sure the gun was actually pointing AT him & not AWAY from him?? because if you waste 30 rounds trying to kill the guy - Hes either bunny hopping or your just a terrible shot.

----

Aimbotting & wallhacking is bad mmmkay

[​IMG]

sure they can laugh - but what if the shoe was on the other foot - lets say if their hack got detected & they became just another normal regular player again - & an aimbotter joined the other team. would he still be laughing?? I guess not.

but I feel a part of this problem is down to the issues with EAs servers theyve been spending so long trying to fix network issues & breaking other things ingame that hack programmers a long head start as the server/PB configs arent totally 100% functional.

20. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    I gotta say hacking is dumb. I just finished mopping up a large group in an MMO there were 80 accounts and 240 toons removed with 1 of the ppl in said group being a moderator eitherway i hope they enjoy what they got as it was Free to Play most spent about $1000-2000 and got there accounts wiped so maybe they learned something. Eitherway hackers are morons and ppl who spend cash to win and still hack are bigger morons. TO the above article i found it extremely ironic and for me its hilarious its a perfect example of what being a douchebag can get you.

After all if you cant play the game the way it was intended why are you playing it at all?

21. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Hackers suck . They have turned me from online gaming . I would sit there and unload clip after clip point blank and get picked off with one shot ! stopped playing after unreal 2004 .

22. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    PB is an excellent measure . . . but it can be occasionally annoying to even legit players. There've been numerous times known legit players, and even I, have been temporarily kicked due to server-side issues.

But, it's not a perma-ban or anything of the sort . . . just mildly irritating.

personally, I can't stand hackers. I've truly never understood the point . . .

23. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    I once thought that was what game spy and steam and all that crap was supposed to get rid of but I guess even they are too challenged . When T.V. and movies hype glitz and glamor into hacking then some one will always want that high .

24. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    do it major pain style break a finger each time they glitch i wonder how many times they try it after the first finger

25. jellyrole

jellyrole

Thanks Received:
    Yea, no matter what, they are still going to find a way to hack on any game system and platform.

Halo 2 mods was probably one of the most things I've done. I just did fun mods like driving a Scarab in multiplayer and things like that.