1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

half life help needed

Discussion in 'Games' started by bendgamine, Apr 28, 2007.

1. bendgamine New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have half life 1 (i think) and it came with half life: deathmatch, and team fortress clasic. i had steam installed for something else and i just installed HL1 and i can't play it couse it tries to activate with steam, i figure no problem. well i was wrong. it says the validation code was used already, witch is wrong couse i got this as a present for x-mas and it was sealed. so any ideas what i could do?
  2. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    that sux mate, guess some1 with a code gen got lucky and registered your game. Just go to the directory and run the game from there, that should work....

I had the same happen to me with counterstrike condition zero, sum dick registered my serial No grrr...

you could always contact valve and explain the situation, but that may not work
  3. EviLZeD

EviLZeD New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. Zero Cool

Zero Cool New Member

Thanks Received:
    Steam is crap imo. keeps doing this stuff, and their support center doesnt seem to give a shit.
  5. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Its not their fault there are dickheads in the world who dont give a shit about other people...
    They cant stop the inevitable.
  6. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No Steam fucking sucks. What you have to do is contact steam and them send them a scan of digital photo of the box and where the validation code is etc.. Some ass stole my copy for HL2 episode 1 and I still can't get it to work. I am downloading the steam free version now. Up yours Steam!:nutkick: :nutkick: :nutkick:
  7. ex_reven New Member

Thanks Received:
    Steams ok, at least they got steamfriends working now :laugh: . The stealing key thing could happen to anyone. Ive had the same thing happen to heaps of my friends in totally different games.
  8. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    My friend accidently gave his username and pw to a random who added him and told him he was a "Steam Validation Manager" or some BS....anyways, all he had to do was send a photo of his CD key and within a week his game was working fine again.
  9. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Mine is currently stolen, I am assuming it was leaked with the Cyber cafe accounts when valve was recently hacked, My username and password were stolen and I am locked out, I have sent steam support my required photos but they don't seem to be helping that much, the problem is if that is how my account was leaked (I have no adware, spyware, keyloggers or viruses on this computer) Valve did NOT properly warn customers and directly caused the accounts to be stolen as if they had made a public announcement we could have changed are our passwords...

It took 2 weeks just to get a response from valve, it will probably be 2 more before they tell me something useless. I don't think they try to not care, there just overworked, Valve needs to hire more tech support.
  10. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry for being off topic but I was wondering if I can use someone elses saved game on hl2?

I like the game, played it when it first came out lol (comp back than could hardy play it =me buying a 1900gt.. and I think it could still not play it @ max cause of my p4)... anyways! I had to reformat my computer and lost my saved games! I was prob 5 hours into the game or so and do not want to lose 5 hours of my life playing the same part of the game+ I found it to borring when I tried :p.

ps. I was nearing the end of the water vehicle thing.