1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hard drive no longer shows up in bios

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by regan1985, Sep 27, 2007.

1. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have had my two westen digital hard drives for a year now and i did have them setup in raid but this failed so i went back to one storing all my music and pictures and one with my os on!!

for some reason after playing with my overclock they no longer show up in bios and therefore wont boot, the funny thing is my other two hard drives do show up, i have changed all the cables reset bios and no luck i dont know why they have stoped! why would they fail at the same time? and i did buy them from new so has anyone ever returned a WD hard drive will they have a go about all my 90g of downloaded music?

if you can help me out you i will owe you months of downloading!!as i dont have my music backup as its to large on my pictures!!
  2. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    SATA, right? Have you tried different ports? It sounds wierd.. Have you tried them with another motherboard (if you can)?
  3. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtX™

Thanks Received:
    ive had this happen to jme before with my raptor..but i always just unplug the power supply from the wall for a few minutes and let the board lose all power and turn it back on and its back to normal
  4. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i havent tried them on another mobo but i have unpluged them changed the power connector and used different sata slots!!
  5. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    anyone have any ideas?
  6. peach1971

peach1971 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I´d disconnect the mobo from power and take out the BIOS battery for several hours.
    Just for the case that some OC action did harm any electronic component and those need a time-off to maybe get into life again.
    Sorry for you mate!
  7. von kain New Member

Thanks Received:
    try this unplug everything from sata or ide except the 2 drives that don't work
    restart go to bios and then try to rescan for drives a couple of times if this doesnt work try everything change power cables sata cables anything that you thing it might work (to eliminate any possibilities) and then if you have or want buy an external hdd bay it might work.if you want to save your data.
  8. regan1985 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i think im going to have to send them back to WD as and get replacements, just hope i dont have to send them to the US as that going to cost a lot of money from the UK. plus i could get done for all the music i have on there but i spose i have £90 worth of hard drive here so id be silly no to send it back!

i have tried everyting people seems to think might help , wish i hadnt!!!

has anyone ever sent back a hard drive to WD?