1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Has anyone bought a brain-computer interface device?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AphexDreamer, Dec 23, 2009.

1. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
  2. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    EPOC has the most sensors..so its probably better...too new for knowlege to be solid tho.

AphexDreamer says thanks.
  3. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    Thats what I figure. So no one has bought huh. Dang I don't want to be the first. Perhaps I should wait for this to advance a bit more in tech and popularity before I guy it?

4. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    I almost did today but there are no decent reviews of it showing different games they used...so I will wait for them reviews then decide.

5. DanTheBanjoman Señor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    There are reviews of the OCZ one, I recall reading them. It apparently doens't work as well for everybody, plus it takes some time to learn to use it.

6. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    I read that the OCZ ones read brow muscles movement and has nothing to do with the brain.

7. Sensi Karate

Sensi Karate New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Emotiv System seems the best. I saw it on a Australian Tech. show and they were able to do heaps with it. The OCZ one, like Polarman has stated, is more to do with facial expression then anything else.

8. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's what I read too - I was considering one too, but I'll just wait until i can just play it with only my thoughts before I get one, lmao.

9. human_error

human_error

Thanks Received:
    Got the OCZ NIA for my university dissertation to interface with my game engine - it's a load of rubbish. It's so vulnerable to the slightest environmental EM that if you have a phone in your pocket it won't work at all. I have managed to get it to work when i've had to ground myself with a static wristband and still then it only works 50% of the time.

Oh and as to reading muscle signals all these operate in a very similar way - it detects brain signals (NIA detects them sent to muscles as they are easier to detect). When i can get it to work i don't have to move any muscles, just send the right signals through concentration (though to learn it is best to move muscles to see what "thoughts" work).