1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Has anyone bought a student Windows 7 Professional Upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Beertintedgoggles, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Beertintedgoggles

Beertintedgoggles

Thanks Received:
    I've been out of college for a few years but my old student email address is still forwarded to my yahoo account, so I entered it in the system and I got the confirmation email to take advantage of the program. True I'm not a student anymore but I've used XP in the past using some not so legit ways to get it validated.... so this time I'm willing to spend some cash to not have to worry about my copy being flagged. Has anyone else used the student upgrade path? I'm just wondering if there are any hassles or whatnot. Thanks.

2. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    If you are using software4students, then you can test to see if your student email address is still valid. If it is you are pretty much buying the original software, just at a lower price and you may have the option of downloading it.

I recently Office 2010 professional plus for stupidly cheap off the aforementioned site.

Beertintedgoggles says thanks.
  3. Robert e New Member

Thanks Received:
    Very easy purchase process. I downloaded the iso and it worked like a charm if you order the backup disc you also get the official windows license sticker.

4. IINexusII

IINexusII

Thanks Received:
    i got my win7 professional x86 and x64 free by my university :D which has msdn alliance partnership

5. NinkobEi

NinkobEi

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I bought win 7 pro 64 for $30 from win741.com. Piece of cake to do. Downloaded the .iso file, burnt it and good to go. Took about 10 minutes to buy it and another hour to download/burn it.

6. Beertintedgoggles

Beertintedgoggles

Thanks Received: