1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Has Israel Gone Stark Raving Mad???

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by CyberDruid, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Hamas is the elected majority leadership of the Palestinian territories: they are one in the same.

Most of the Middle East considers the USA a terrorist for being in Iraq and Afghanistan. Just because one country pins that label on another doesn't make it true; they're probably saying the exact same thing of you.

Remember this phrase well: "There is no such thing as right or wrong, only consequences."

Israel is only right because they have bigger guns...

But are they really right?

I think they are both wrong. Palestine has always been the one at a disadvantage (for crying out loud, they are broken into two). I think the only long term solution is similar to that of Iraq: one government where both voices of the majority are heard. This is what happens when countries are broken apart.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Not even close my friend. Iv been to Gaza. Hamas isn't the same as the people they "represent". Castro is elected every year but that doesn't mean he represents the people does he? No hes a F&$KING dictator. However they have "elected" him for 40 plus years :laugh:

3. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    I live in America, buddy. I reserve my right to bash this country as I please.

I also acknowledge your right to disagree, however, if you can't see that we've been going down a horribly slippery slope for the last 50-100 years, you're a nutjob.

Also, last I checked Fidel was no longer head of Cuba.

...And I'm curious, what part of Gaza did you visit?

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:

Oh yeah we really dropped the ball in WW2. :laugh: Oh sure Castro stepped down and his brother was "elected" However Fidel still lives in the presidential mansion.

I was near Rafah. Just off of the boarder of Egypt.

5. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    It depends on what level you analyze the regression of our country, but yeah, pretty much.

6. dalekdukesboy

dalekdukesboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I live in America, buddy. I reserve my right to bash this country as I please.

I also acknowledge your right to disagree, however, if you can't see that we've been going down a horribly slippery slope for the last 50-100 years, you're a nutjob.

Also, last I checked Fidel was no longer head of Cuba.

...And I'm curious, what part of Gaza did you visit?

I'll say it again, hamas is a terrorist organization and is recognized as such and Israel and certainly the United States of America is the greatest nation on earth, yes flawed, but still the greatest and our freedom from worry provided by our "terrorist" military as you'd probably see it gives you the right to sit back in your comfy chair safe from any worry of being blown up certainly (unlike if you lived in the middle east) and type anything you'd like into your nice pc however stupid and irreverant it is at the expense of the country that is providing you with the very freedom to say whatever the heck you want...

SystemViper says thanks.
  7. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Obama got elected and he doesn't represent me--still, majority rules with rights of the minority.

Dictators aren't elected or they wouldn't be dictators. Any and all elections held by dicators are for the sole purpose of keeping the populous content (as in, preventing rebellion). It is merely a tool in the dictators drawer to stay in power.

Crunching for Team TPU
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    As it is with Hamas.

10. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't call the Palestinian Parliament a dictatorship. It is a semi-presidential republic in function.

Crunching for Team TPU
  11. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Its not. The people that currently occupy it are terrorists however. Think of it this way. Lets say a bunch of skin head neo Nazis killed and intimidated thier way into congress and the white house. Every year they held elections so the rest of the world think we are a democracy when in reality we the people are prisoners in our own homes.

Now all of a sudden the skin heads decide they don't want to share north America with Canada and start firing rockets into their cities. Canada responds by nuking NY.

Does this make it a little more clear?

12. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i want to add a thanks to everyone, you've managed to bring this conversation back to civility.

My personal comment:

1.Group A kills someone from group B.
    2.group B kills someone from group A, because of 1.
    3. group A kills someone from group B, because of 2.
    4. Repeat.

These conflicts will never end, so long as these people are trapped into an 'us and them' mentality.

lemonadesoda says thanks.
  13. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Don't you think other members of Congress would cry foul? Look at what happened to Nixon when he got greedy.

People expect results from an election. If they don't get results, they rebel, leave, or bend over and take it. We find out if a republic has dictator rule from people that leave the country: the consistent stories of family members leaving permanently, guards saying they were required to act inhumanely by superiors, the leadership practically being turned into a religion, etc. I have yet to see any indication that the Palestine National Authority has a dictatorship-like control over the nation especially from Arab sources.

Just because some idiots found a surplus weapon in one country and launched it at another doesn't mean the government itself sanctioned the activity. In all honesty, that is how third-party countries (like USA) start wars among two other countries. How do we know that Iran didn't have a hand in that attack? Any way you look at it, Israel over-reacted again. Now Israel feels they are obligated to strip search the Gaza Strip when Palestine should be trusted to do it themselves. The leash on Israel needs to replaced with a noose and UN needs to be more proactive on policing (perform the strip search, per-say) should one country not trust another to do it themselves.

Crunching for Team TPU
  14. mtosev

mtosev New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's human nature. 80-90% ppl are like that.

15. ckydmk New Member

Thanks Received:
    This will never end because Isreal still occupies land in the West bank and Gaza. Isreal occupies this land illegally, and the entire world know is. Yet nobody does anything about it, why?? because their no. 1 allie iy the US

16. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Not if the other members of congress were "elected" by the enforcing hand. There is no indication that they have a dictator like control because very few media sources are even allowed to operate in parts of Gaza. Also you have to understand Arab culture. You're looking at the situation as a Westerner. Hamas and its supporters still talk about the defeated crusaders like it was yesterday. Arab culture doesn't react to things the same way we western cultures do. They live and die by their traditions. Simply leaving you're home isn't an option. Protesting isn't an option. Rebel without religious support is suicide for you and all of your kin. Hamas rules via fear and intimidation. I don't expect you to understand but there is more to this than most realize.

As for putting a "nose" on Israel be careful what you wish for. We need Israel more than you know. They provide us with a very strategic operating platform in that area of the world. Ending them would be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Also you don't want the UN to become to overbearing. I personally don't want to live to see a one world order. Do you?

Wow you couldn't be more wrong. However nice fishing expedition!

17. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The U.S. could easily become a dictatorship. It takes a very simple set of circumstances to make a republic become a dictatorship with the consent of the people. In moments of extreme national crisis people are extremely susceptible to the ideas of charismatic leaders. In fact, with our ailing economy which has yet to see it's low point, the proper event at the proper time could easily allow for the installation of a dictator. With the fear of terrorism so deeply impeded in the public's psyche the proper terrorist attack at the correct time would be ideal. Economic crisis, and external threat are how Hitler and Caesar were able to dissolve their respective representative bodies. Just think of how many people in the U.S. are willing to sacrifice their freedom for security. Those people wouldn't protest much if a dictator promised to protect them in the case of a national emergency.

lemonadesoda and TheMailMan78 say thanks.
  18. DRDNA

DRDNA

Thanks Received:
    We might be a little tight on monies these days but we in the US still have big BALLS,maybe not as big as the Jews but I say the US + Israel + United Kingdom = One one unstoppable force that none can defeat !

19. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Israel is a "western state" in an "eastern world." The "west" has a nasty habit of making sure it stays that way. Honestly, I think Israel is 99% of the problem here. The rest of the Middle East views them as a thorn in their ass. Most are smart enough to not to try to do anything about it because they'll end up like Iraq.

What is happening there is the equivalent of Great Britain imposing that the State of Iowa be a Mexican territory. Had the "west" not stepped up and defended Israel so many times in the past, Israel would be an Arab state like the rest of them. It broods instability in the region.

What strategic operating platform? USA doesn't have any major bases in Israel. We have several in Saudi Arabia and Turkey. We also have many major bases in Iraq. Whenever someone gets bombed in the Middle East, they usually come from the sea (aircraft carrier and missile platforms), USA (24+ hour mission), Germany, or Saudi Arabia. We're smart enough to know that if we put a base in Israel, we'll spend a crapload of resources protecting it. Put it in a more stable country like Saudi Arabia, something big would have to be going down to jeopardize the base.

The only USA military installation (small one at that with only 120 people) in all of Israel is an anti-missile system.

The executive branch doesn't have enough power to ever present itself as a dictatorship. Checks and balances make it impossible. Simply put, there's way too many instituations of government that would have to systematically collapse for a dictatorship to take hold.

Crunching for Team TPU
  20. Morgoth

Morgoth

Thanks Received:
    yea right until europe unites as 1 fighting force like waffen ss did

21. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    But what business does the US have operating in the middle east in the first place?

I second the "relocate the Jews" part.

Because if we don't, someday the middle eastern powers will.

22. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheap oil.

TheMailMan78 says thanks.
  23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Look up "The six day war" and reanalyze that comment. ;)

24. SystemViper

SystemViper

Thanks Received:
    :rockout:

Amen, I love my country! oh backl to my PC's but had to say that!:pimp:

ahhhhh but now we call that national security!

25. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's only become more expensive, and even now it's more than it was before this mess started.

Also, the 6 day war was a Western power backed Israel against highly unadvanced opposition.

When the 3rd or 2nd world, however you see North Africa/the Middle East develops, it likely would not be so easy. If anything it would be a severe kick in the nuts in the least.