• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Have had 4 980gtxs g1 gaming coil whine on all

rrangel88

Hi guy's just an update I brought my pc to the retailer for the old gtx 980 his gonna run some tests and see if it is in fact caused by the Psu and the mobo grounding if it's the Psu I will replace it with probably the RM850i as that is as good as the EVGA supernova G2 so the reviews say. IF the Psu nocks out the coil whine on the card then the other card I have shouldn't make that sound as well or then again it might not sure. When I get info ill update again thanks for all the help.

peche

Thermaltake fanboy
System Name Athenna
Processor intel i7 3770 *Dellided*
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.1
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Pro + Tt Riing12 x2 / Tt ThunderBlade / Gelid Slim 120UV fans
Memory 16GB DRR3 Kingoston with Custom Tt spreaders + HyperX Fan
Video Card(s) GeForce GTX 980 4GB Nvidia Sample
Storage Crucial M4 SSD 64GB's / Seagate Barracuda 2TB / Seagate Barracuda 320GB's
Display(s) 22" LG FLATRON 1920 x 1280p
Case Thermaltake Commander G42 Window
Audio Device(s) On-board Dolby 5.1+ Kingston HyperX Cloud 1
Power Supply Themaltake TR2 700W 80plus bronce & APC Pro backup 1000Va
Mouse Tt eSports Level 10M Rev 1.0 Diamond Black & Tt Conkor "L" mouse pad
Keyboard Tt eSports KNUCKER
Software windows 10x64Pro
Benchmark Scores well I've fried a 775' P4 12 years ago, that counts?
Hi guy's just an update I brought my pc to the retailer for the old gtx 980 his gonna run some tests and see if it is in fact caused by the Psu and the mobo grounding if it's the Psu I will replace it with probably the RM850i as that is as good as the EVGA supernova G2 so the reviews say. IF the Psu nocks out the coil whine on the card then the other card I have shouldn't make that sound as well or then again it might not sure. When I get info ill update again thanks for all the help.
we hope the best for that problem....
why you didn't test yourself?

rrangel88

we hope the best for that problem....
why you didn't test yourself?

I'm kind of afraid when it comes to myself and testing things to be honest ahaha. I also had to take in my older card to the retailer before my 1 yr return through them ran out. So I decided to kill 2 problems with one stone with myself taking my pc there also and getting them to test it with there psu as I don't have a spare.