1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Have i got the x800 pro vivo

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by TheMafioso, Oct 30, 2006.

1. TheMafioso New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys,

I recently bought radeon x800 pro 256MB AGP card from eBay.The eBay listing didn't had much details of the card and i exacltly don't know which brand card it is, but i'm guessing its BBA since its got a red coloured PCB and cooler has sticker of only ATi, while heatsink has photo of some white monster with ATi Radeon written on it.

Also i don't know if this card is ViVo, as its detected x800 pro only, and no where vivo is shown but it does have the yellow CD-Audio connector near the power plug as mentioned in the tech power up x800 12P to 16P mod guide...

So what do you guys think, have i got the vivo card which can be modded to 16p ??

Regards,
  2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    not so sure with agp cards but with pci-e cards they have a chip located opposite side as the fan and by where you connect the moniter cable . if it isnt vivo it has a white outline where the chip goes ......dont know if this helps but it just may!
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I have also just serched some photos on a sales sight and i think what i have posted does apply to agp as well as pci
  4. TheMafioso New Member

Thanks Received:
    you mean some chip on the back side of the card ???
    Yeah my card has an IC on the back side on which there is written ATi Rage Theater...are u referring to that ??

Also please can you give the link to the photos which you are referring to...i'll also try to post pics of my card in some time...

And BTW thx for the quick response :)
  5. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Yep, you have the VIVO. If you have the yellow connector, you have it and the Rage theater confirms.
  6. TheMafioso New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok thanx for confirming guys...i also have thought the same but the only thing which was creating doubt was the card was getting detected as x800 pro and not x800 pro vivo...is it normal ??

And please tell me if there is any chance of the card getting damaged in the mod..i mean the mod is reversible right, in case it dosen't work ??
  7. dolf New Member

Thanks Received:
    TheMafioso please start with that: http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=5367 (and post here your cards fuse values).

About the VIVO - Look your cards back where you should see big black chip with superscription "ATI Rage Theater".
  8. TheMafioso New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here i've posted the fuse values here:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=178947&postcount=2506

Please tell me about this part, i want to know what are the risks involved :twitch:
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  9. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    a) if its got the yellow thing, its vivo for sure
    b) it doenst come up as "x800 pro vivo" on my comp, just "x800 pro"
    c) another way to test is install the display driver for the card, and if it needs an additional driver (the AT stream or wateva it is), then its vivo :)
  10. TheMafioso New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^^yeah it requires at stream driver....now i'm know its vivo for sure..thanx :)

Okay i am gonna attempt this mod in some time...i would be following the w1zzard's guide
    http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/100

Please tell me about any other information, etc and if there are any things i should look for b4 attempting this mod
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006