1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

having hard time flashing msi 4890 cyclone

Discussion in 'RBE' started by zgigi666999, Mar 4, 2010.

1. zgigi666999 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i need help to flash my bios i got a r4890 cyclone and i downloaded the vga bios msi r4890 cyclone soc 1000/1000 but i am not able to flash it with rbe when i click on flash bios i get error check sum mismatch did you select the proper adapter for this bios and i dont want to force flash i am scard to kill the card any guru can help me my msn giancarlo.mancini@live.com thank you

2. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    getting the same thing. Im not going to go for it though. I dont know if it will accept rom but i know it will flash .bin no idea why the option to save as .bin wasnt included. and the info for what to do in this situation isnt written down anyware. I strongly recommend that it is added to the guide.

3. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    you can force flash it but dont do it unless you are sur your card has the same pcb. refrence or non refrence

4. BAGZZlash

BAGZZlash RBE Author

Thanks Received:
    C'mon, you gotta be kiddin' me.
    A rom-image is just a binary file. There's no such thing as a difference between .ROM and .BIN. What's in a name?

5. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    i know you couldnt do it with some nvidia cards. either way im working on unbricking it the flash didnt work guess ill have to resist not checking force next time :p when it says checksum doesnt match it really doesnt. shame atiwinflash wont boot though it says it works in windows 7 x64 lame now i have to do it through dos