1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Having issues with PC, lots of bad image errors and can't access my task manager

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Nephew, Mar 26, 2010.

1. Nephew New Member

Thanks Received:
    I keep receiving these odd "Bad Image" errors on start up and I can't even access my task manager as every time I do I receive another bad image error. And in less than an hour everything just freezes up and I have to do a hard restart.

It only started doing this recently, and it was after my girl friend was using to look for some sex toys, so I'm sure she caught a virus of some sort and I don't even know how to start trouble shooting it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Here's a list of some of the errors I keep getting on start up,

Logon.exe is not a valid WIN32 application

Rundle32.exe - Bad Image - The application or DLL c:/windows/system32/guyajula.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette

HP Wireless Assistant.exe - Bad Image- The application or DLL c:/windows/system32/guyajula.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette

ctfmon.exe - Bad Image - The application or DLL c:/windows/system32/guyajula.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette

I'm assuming it has something to with this guyajula.dll file, but I can't find it in my system32 folder and when I google I don't get any hits.

Thanks a lot and appreciate any and all help!

2. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    Try running malwarebytes in safe mode...that usually cleans out most viruses.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

And Welcome to TPU. This community ROCKS.

Off-Topic: Your girl was looking up sex toys...NICE. :D

3. Nephew New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks, going to give that a try

4. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    Try these, too, if Malwarebytes does find anything.
    SuperAntispyware
    A-Squared This one is a malware finder and A/V scanner in one. Pretty nice, it has found stuff that others missed, but it has given a couple of false positives.

:)

5. Nephew New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bondage to be exact.

Anyways, I ran Malwarebytes and everything is golden at the moment.

Much thanks guys!

6. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice!
    Malewarebytes kills just about everything out there. By far my most used cleaner. :toast: