• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HD 3870 Bricked?

kostisGR

I have a sapphire 3870 HD with the 0.71.xxxx BIOS. I downloaded from here the 0.81.xx and the 0.79.xxx bios. I flashed them both but windows kept crashing on idle with those so i decided to flash the old one back. While flashing the old bios back my computer froze and the flashing was not complete. The card will not post. I flashed the bios using a bootable dos usb stick. I installed the card into a different computer, booted from the usb-disk, the card was recognised (atiflash -i) and i tried to flash the old bios. i got an error 0fl01 and the operation was not completed. I tried to flash the 0.81.xx bios again to see if anything happens and the computer crashed when i gave the command ( atiflash -f -p 1 oldbios.rom ). Now the card is not recognised (atiflash -i) by any computer i tried. What i can do to un-brick my card? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

My set up is:
Intel Core2Duo E6600
Asus P5W-DH Deluxe
4x1gb Ram
Tagan 600w Dual Engine
4x Hard Disks