• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HD-695X-CNFC wrong bios flashed

dsax64

Hi,

i have flashed the wrong bios on my card, now there is only a black screen on startup. Managed to get a 550Ti, if its in the first pcie slot i can boot up. Tried flashing the backup back from winatiflash subsystemIDs mismatch error. Tried it from cmd, atiwinflash -unlockrom 1, then atiwinflash -f -p 1 bios.rom, nothing happens. Tried flashing every 2gb xfx bios from Video BIOS Collection, same results. Tried using atiflash, but i got no adapter found error message, tried forcing it, tried every possible switch to get it detected, but nothing. Then i got a PCI vga, i thought maybe in the first pcie slot i can flash it, but the pci card doesn't work when the pcie card is plugged in (cant find any option in the bios to prefer pci over pcie asus p6t deluxe v2). Any ideas?

Thanks

BlackZero

System Name Dark Armour
Processor i7 2600K H2O
Motherboard Asus P67 Pro
Cooling RX360 + SR1-240
Memory 8GB G.Skill
Video Card(s) MSI 7970 OC
Storage Crucial M4 SSD + 2TB HDD
Display(s) P243w 24" + 42lh5000 42"
Case TT Armor+
Audio Device(s) X-Fi + 2400ES
Power Supply Corsair AX850
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/blackzero/
has it not got a dual bios? if it has then just switch to position 2, go into windows and make a copy of the bios from your card's bios position 2 using gpu-z. Now switch the bios to position one without restarting and flash the bios onto position 1.

The_good_German

System Name dollar dumpster
Processor Sandy I-7 2600K
Motherboard Biostar TP67XE
Cooling Zahlmann CPU air cooler
Memory Corsair CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 XMS3 8GB
Video Card(s) HIS 5850 ref, XFX 5850 non ref
Storage 120GB SATA 3.0 SSD, 1TB WD
Display(s) Hanns G 28' 1920 x 1200
Power Supply silencer MK3 950W
Software win 7 pro x64
Hi dsax,

If you do not have the bios switch on your card and your card is non reference card you can still go to the xfx support site and check if they have the stock bios amongst their support files. I think for the 69xx series they have the bios in the file section although you have to register your card to access the support section.

If the bios is not on there, open a ticket and ask them for the stock bios, once you have a ticket number, give them a day and call. (in order to call technical support you must have a ticket number).

I called the phone number 909-230-9800 and then pushed through the automated sytem until I got a hold of a tech (was very quick). Then you tell them that you received the card that way and people here in the forum told you to try to flash the stock bios in order to make it work. And usually they sent you the stock bios via email immediately.

Good Luck
The good German