• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HD 7750 bios?

Cpt.Greyhead

System Name Timmay!
Processor I3 530 @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte P55m-UD2
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory 4GB DDR3 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5850 (850/1100)
Storage 4TB worth!
Power Supply XFX 750w
Hi all, found myself needing some help from the community! I've been a long time visitor to techpowerup and used it many times to solve my problems but this one I can't seem to get around at all :mad:

I bought a VTX3D HD 7750 1gb from ebay a few months ago, worked okay but the dvi output never worked with my pc screen, I could use the vga and hdmi to connect to my television fine. To cut a longer story short I decided to try flashing the card incase the bios was a bit dodgy so (as per usual) selected one from the techpowerup database (of which only 4 7750 bios's are on) and flashed the card using atiwinflash. Now the first time it threw up an error then said flash complete. Without wanting to kill it I reflashed it and this time seemed to go through and reported successful. Restarted the pc but wouldnt boot with the 7750 as primary display adapter. I can use the igp on the board the card was on and 'see' the 7750 in device manager but the atikmdag.dll blue screen gets thrown up if I try to install drivers (on an xp machine) gpu-z reports the card as a 7750 but various details are missing or incorrect. Using the card as a 2nd gpu on my main machine I can again see it in device manager but cannot install drivers properly and has incorrect details (win 7, atikmdag.sys error)I decided to try to flash it the proper way via the usb flash drive and atiflash. I've re-flashed it with all 4 of the bios's in the database but all continue with the same error.

Can anyone out there either get me the default VTX3D bios or know where to get it from? I've emailed vtx3d themselves but doubt they will answer. I'm sort of out of ideas now but this is the only thing I can think of as the card is the low profile version with hdmi-dvi & vga where as the other cards I (expect) are full width and different outputs. I did wonder if the powercolor bios would work as they also do a low profile with matching outputs?

http://www.vtx3d.com/products_features.asp?id=120

I Know I should have backed it up first but sods law that the first time in 8 cards I've flashed it decides to fail :banghead:

Thanks all

After further looking the club3d 7750 lp may also have a bios suitable aswell as the HIS HD 7750 iCooler 1gb LP edition if anyone has one?

Last edited:

Cpt.Greyhead

System Name Timmay!
Processor I3 530 @ 4.2Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte P55m-UD2
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory 4GB DDR3 Kingston Hyper X
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5850 (850/1100)
Storage 4TB worth!
Power Supply XFX 750w
Recieved a reply from Powercolor asking for my serial number (not forgetting my card is a vtx3d) gave them my serial code and an hour later got a reply with a bios file attached! Flashed the card and all is well:D It would seem the bios is newer than all of the ones available in the database. Another interesting thing is it would seem powercolor/vtx3d are basically operated from the same building or why else would my serial match something they had, they are certainly owned by the same company.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Powercolor and VTX3D are both owned by TUL, recently they also bought Sparkle

Please submit the BIOS to the database using GPU-Z