1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HD 7950 problem with CCC power control settings

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by trz, Feb 26, 2013.

1. trz New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have just purchased a VTX3D HD 7950 and I have discovered a recurring problem with CCC power control settings.

I have moved the slider to +20% but every time after I wake my computer from the sleep mode the 7950 starts throtling down overclocked core/mem clocks in 3D applications. The power control settings slider stays at +20% but only after I move the slider again a bit and back to +20% and press apply will be the real +20% settings applied. So after the reapplying of the settings there won't be any throtling.

I have to do this every time I wake the computer from sleep mode.

I have tested both Catalyst 13.1 and 13.2 beta 6 with same results and I have even reinstalled Windows 8 alltogether but results are still the same.

Other computer specs include: FX-8120 and Asus Sabertooth 990FX

Any clues how to make CCC power control settings to stick at +20%?
  2. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    i think the problem is sleep mode, it causes many problems that's why i dont use it anymore.
  3. Law-II

Law-II

Thanks Received:
  4. d1nky

d1nky

Thanks Received:
    related to this I ask... if we use say Afterburner to increase that boost thingy ma jig, would it override the ccc one or do I have to enable it in ccc to use it in afterburner (same with other oc software)??
  5. trz New Member

Thanks Received:
    before the recently purchased VTX3D 7950 I had Asus DCII 6950 2GB and never had this type of problems.

and all other system specs were unchanged when upgrading to the 7950.