1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HD2900XT owners Black Box Cancelled.

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by noneed4me2, May 23, 2007.

1. noneed4me2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Although this didn't have the ultimate weight in weighing my purchase descision it did help tip the scales. I am sure that they (ATI) will work out some way with Valve of me paying like 10/20 bucks more to upgrade to the Orange box which has all the games in the Black box but Original Half Life 2 plus episode 1. I already have Half Life 2 still haven't gotten episode 1 but supposedly if you already have those games you can fgive your unjused keys away. http://pc.ign.com/articles/790/790013p1.html

2. littlepiggy New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Retail Version Is Canceled. People Who Get The Voucher With 2900 Cards Still Get Everything As Before.

3. noneed4me2 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cool beans, where is the info posted so I can pass it along in another forum?

4. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's just how steam works. You get a code in the package, which will activate corresponding games on Steam. Now unless Episode 2, TF2, and Portal have been cancelled, the code that came with 2900 cards is still valid.

The only thing that's changed is that Valve has decided not to create a retail (brick and mortar store) package of that group of games.