• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HD5970 U8002 damaged

Marcus

On the bottom of the card next to the PCI slot, there is a 5 pin IC that just sticks out of the case backing (red box marked U8002). I have damaged mine and need to replace. Using an oscilliscope this seems to be nothing more than a reset line and this IC acts as a buffer and possibly a shutdown input if something else is wrong with the card. Any possibility that anyone may know the PN for the IC. I have another card that looks like it has Z08G on the IC but nothing pulls up on the IC sites.

System Name Selene / Yoda
Processor Fx 8350 @ 4.4 / Phenom II x6 1090t @ 3.6
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 r4.0 / Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Cooling H100i / Xig Dark Knight
Memory 4x 8gb G.Skill Snipers / 4x 4gb G.Skill Ares
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9 290x / XfX DD & VisionTek HD6850's C'fired
Storage 256gb ssd, 2x 2tb Wd Blacks & 1x 1tb Wd black / 1x 1tb
Display(s) Dell Ultra Sharp 2408 WFp / Hp w2207
Case Raidmax Vampire / Chieftec Alum. Dragon Blue
Audio Device(s) Onboard Hd Audio / Onboard Hd Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX 850 watt / Corsair TX 750 watt
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Win 10 pro / Win Vista Home prem. 64 bit
Benchmark Scores What are benchmarks anyway?
Not sure on the part number, but was this damage of your doing? If not can you RMA the card? Also if it was your "fault" you maybe able to contact support from the cards manufacture and pruchase the ic or have the repair the card for a fee.

Marcus

Yep, totally my fault. Slid it on the side of the PCI connector and took it out. The card works if I jumper the input pin to the ouput. A little reverse engineering the traces on the board led me to the pin assignments. It's a generic card off ebay so I don't know the manufacturer.

cmgill

Did you ever manage to find this part. I am also in need of one of these and the capacitor next to it. Dunno what that u8002 is wondered if it was easy to find? Or where to get a donor.

Regards

Colin.