1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HD5970 U8002 damaged

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Marcus, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Marcus New Member

Thanks Received:
    On the bottom of the card next to the PCI slot, there is a 5 pin IC that just sticks out of the case backing (red box marked U8002). I have damaged mine and need to replace. Using an oscilliscope this seems to be nothing more than a reset line and this IC acts as a buffer and possibly a shutdown input if something else is wrong with the card. Any possibility that anyone may know the PN for the IC. I have another card that looks like it has Z08G on the IC but nothing pulls up on the IC sites.

[​IMG]

2. ThE_MaD_ShOt

ThE_MaD_ShOt

Thanks Received:
    Not sure on the part number, but was this damage of your doing? If not can you RMA the card? Also if it was your "fault" you maybe able to contact support from the cards manufacture and pruchase the ic or have the repair the card for a fee.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. Marcus New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yep, totally my fault. Slid it on the side of the PCI connector and took it out. The card works if I jumper the input pin to the ouput. A little reverse engineering the traces on the board led me to the pin assignments. It's a generic card off ebay so I don't know the manufacturer.

4. cmgill New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you ever manage to find this part. I am also in need of one of these and the capacitor next to it. Dunno what that u8002 is wondered if it was easy to find? Or where to get a donor.

Regards

Colin.