1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HD6950: Asus DCII or MSI twin frozr III

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by tdesmet, Mar 17, 2011.

1. tdesmet New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a question regarding the differences of both cards:

1) The asus card has a 6+8pin connector while the msi card has a 6+6pin connector. The HD6970 also has a 6+8pin connector, will the asus card be better for that? Would powertune tweak not be required anymore?

I expect the same noise from both cards, but which one would you recommend? They both should have double BIOS right? I do not tend to overclock it for the moment, but if I can make it a 6970 card, that would be nice. Or is it better to only unlock the shadors?

What would you pick when taking into account a bios flash/mod or no bios flash/mod?

Kind regards,

Tom
  2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I would go with the card with the 6+8 pin adapters for that alone. It can't hurt but most likely help having two extra grounds. It also leads me to believe that it is just a 6970 flashed to a 6950 from the factory.
  3. tdesmet New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'll go with the asus version then. It's also €30 cheaper than the msi one. It takes a lot of space but I don't really need the other slots. Thanks :)