1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hd6950 hardware issue!!

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by Pehla, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Pehla

Pehla

Thanks Received:
    hy guys...i have been starting several treads about failed flashing card then i manage to fix it somehow..,but fix was not complete..,my card had poor performance and in gpu-z had weird readout!! card is pci-e 2.0x16@pci-e 1.1x8(or x4)on new mainboard!!now after some time i took card out and take a closer look to it pcb to find some errors ..,andi did!!!!
    now i post pic of that error and i hope u can tel me if that could be causing it!!!
    [​IMG]
    i am able to do flashing some bioses work some dont!! i think xfx one work the best but still not at x16!! will changing this litle prick fix my issue?? thnx in advance!!
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. gdallsk

gdallsk

Thanks Received:
    It seems like you knocked it with something that caused it malfunction. A little soldering job would fix it. I had the same problem with my radeon 9200 a while back, I soldered the two points where this little thingy was and the card still works.
    Pehla says thanks.
  3. Pehla

Pehla

Thanks Received:
    i did the soldering job and now card work on x16 slot but i thing i need to find right bios cause this one only shows 704 shaders and only few rops!! and its a bios that worked earlier litle confusing but im going to try few more bioses using usb flashing mod!!
  4. OneMoar

OneMoar

Thanks Received:
    Pehla says thanks.
  5. Pehla

Pehla

Thanks Received:
    man i dont want to screw around i just want it to work like it should pci-e 2.0 x16...,witch she didnt..but now it does flash it with one of xfx bios and now its fuly operational!! working at full speed!! thnx for members help..,a did start few treads on forum related to my pc hardware to find out at the end it was HD6950 hardware error!! closing several of mine treads!! thnx...,i hope i will be able to help other member with similar expirience!
  6. purecain

purecain

Thanks Received:
    Well done. I bet your well chuffed... :)