• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HDCP rears its ugly head

nate39

well, I installed vista and went to watch netflix online movies and I got an error that the tech help said was probably that with the upgrade in drivers, it won't let me watch their digital movies with an HDCP compliant monitor which mine isn't. He said I could change from a DVI cable to an analog one and it should work, but I have no desire to do that.

I asked if I could run both cables at once and he said that someone called and said they fooled it by doing that. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this without having to buy another monitor as mine isn't even a year old yet? Thanks

panchoman

Sold my stars!
Processor Amd Athlon X2 4600+ Windsor(90nm) EE(65W) @2.9-3.0 @1.45
Motherboard Biostar Tforce [Nvidia] 550
Cooling Thermaltake Blue Orb-- bunch of other fans here and there....
Memory 2 gigs (2x1gb) of patriot ddr2 800 @ 4-4-4-12-2t
Video Card(s) Sapphire X1950pro Pci-E x16 @stock@stock on stock
Storage Seagate 7200.11 250gb Drive, WD raptors (30/40) in Raid 0
Display(s) ANCIENT 15" sony lcd, bought it when it was like 500 bucks
Case Apevia X-plorer blue/black
Audio Device(s) Onboard- Why get an sound card when you can hum??
Power Supply Antec NeoHe 550-manufactured by seasonic -replacement to the discontinued smart power series
Software Windows XP pro SP2 -- vista is still crap
just use an analog cable.. your tv cant accept hd signals.. and that way, the movie, which im guessing is in HD, cant be transmitted by your video card to the tv, the two cable thing only fools it into analog mode.. but you wont get the hd on your tv.. you're best off just using adapters.

nate39

Are you saying I can use both at the same time? Because the DVI makes an obvious difference on my computer.