1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

hdd not being detected... and more

Discussion in 'Storage' started by LittleLizard, Nov 1, 2009.

1. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    ok, i have 2 drives (core 2 system). Since a few days ago my OS doesnt detect the secondary HDD but the bios does. WTF. Also since those few days ago my boot time has increased dramatically (from about 1 minute to almost 7). But the weirdest thing is that after that, it works flawlessly, i can play all games like nothing was happened. Watch HD videos no problem either. So any ideas??

2. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What is on the second drive? Is it freshly formated? Does it contain an OS? Are the boot priorites for each drive set correctly?

3. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    On the second drive are only the ISO's of ALL MY GAMES :cry:. It hasnt been formated since almost a year ago. No, it doesnt contain an os. Yes, the boot order is: drive C (the other with the OS), second HDD, optical drive

4. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    All of that seems fine, and in good order. I assume you pulled the drives connections, booted up, powered down and reinstall the connections, then reboot and let windows go to work?

I have a drive that just randomly drops from use, but the above always brings it back. hope it helps.

LittleLizard says thanks.
  5. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    ok, will try that when i have sometime (ie when i finish watch Top Gear Season 3 for second time :D)