1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HDMI sound hick-ups

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by BarbaricSoul, Mar 27, 2013.

1. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    I had a online friend contact me about a problem he is having with is with the audio of his computer. Here's what he said-

Thoughts?
    Crunching for Team TPU 1 Million points folded for TPU
  2. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    My first thought would be to try a different HDMI cable, Reason i say this is because a few years ago i took my pc to my cousins house and hooked it up to his tv and the sound skiped and jumped and cut out randomly, Changed the HDMI cable and all was fine.
    BarbaricSoul says thanks.
  3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well never had the issue but maybe try different codecs\drivers as they change them near every release and noticed they change in the beta's pretty often too.

Although i don't use either songza/itunes so maybe that's why i never had it ?.

Just saying PCM is right and once i set mine up though playback devices the A/V switches to PCM multichannel. Maybe some thing don't like more than 2 speakers selected either the drivers or even those 2 programs, or does it do it even then ?.

Yeah that would not surprise me either.
    BarbaricSoul says thanks.
  4. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the advice so far. I've sent a message to my friend and will report back here when I hear from them. I've also sent them a link to this thread and they may create a account here and post in this thread also.
    AsRock and animal007uk say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 1 Million points folded for TPU
  5. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Well i just went to songza website and the music plays just fine for me of their site so maybe they using a app ?.

I am using CCC 13.1

Now i think about it some more i had a HDMI cable that used to work with a 4890 then one day it stopped working how ever it worked with other devices without issue so it surly some thing to check.