1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Headphones with a mic

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Home Theater' started by ss999, Mar 7, 2012.

1. ss999 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Probably the most important thing is that the mic works and the sound is as good as it gets, i could really use the help cause headphones arent my thing, also less than 150 dollars would be ideal, earbud style to use with my phone
  2. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    For gaming, music or both?
    If for gaming I recommend the SteelSeries 7H USB which gives you the option to use your source data card or the USB. I have the 5Hv2 USB and it's great.
  3. ss999 New Member

Thanks Received:
    mostly music and i got to have it work with my phone, a 3.5 mm jack, and earbuds too cause i want the mic on the wire ive seen those around but idaont know anything about earbuds
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  4. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I've had good luck with Meelec and JVC earbuds, the FX-34/35 and the Meelec M9's rock. I know they make the M9 with an in-line mic...I don't use a smartphone nor a phone for music so no mic for me. But those two brands and models are kickass imho.
  5. Ra97oR

Ra97oR

Thanks Received:
    Shure SE215 is one of the best entry level IEM I have heard. Balanced and clear for the price, it have a removable cable and you should be able to get hold of a mic cable for it pretty cheap.

I think it is called Shure CBL-M-K for the cable... talk about strange names.