1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[WTB][EU] Headphones

Discussion in 'Buy/Sell/Trade/Giveaway Forum' started by fenurch, Oct 17, 2010.

1. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Kind of a long shot in this forum but I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones. I will only consider - Sennheiser HD555/HD595 or Audio Technica AD700. Only EUROPE. Won't pay more than £80 for either AD700 or HD595 and I'm not sure about the 555's.
  2. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    I see you only want to consider those two brands, but if you haven't heard of Red5, you should check them out; especially considering your budget.
    They have a factory in Scotland, you buy direct from the manufacturer so it's as cheap as it could get, they get amazing reviews on their products AND their returns policy.
    You get either 2 weeks or 4 weeks to test the product; if you don't like it send it straight back to them for a refund or replacement no questions asked.
    I haven't used the 5x5 or the AD700, but I've used Red5 and they're amazing (I use them in my studio)
  3. Ra97oR

Ra97oR

Thanks Received:
  4. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the suggestion but these are gonna be purely for gaming and since all 3 of these have been suggested to be as good as they get then I'll stick with these ones

Head-Fi's stuff is mostly American, kind of getting rare to find European sellers.
    scaminatrix says thanks.
  5. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  6. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Already checked these out but £80 for HD555's is madness considering Americans get them so much cheaper. And initially I was gonna go for these but then I realised I could get a pair of HD595's or AD700's for the same price. However if I don't get any decent offers by next Friday (either here or Head-fi), I'm going to get the 555's.

Thanks for the help anyway.
  7. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
  8. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Not worth the price, I can tell you straight away. While I haven't tried them, people that know their shit say this is an overpriced piece of marketing.
  9. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Well it has been said those PC350's use HD595 drivers and with some simple modding, their sound signiature can be fixed to make them sound worth their price. ourfpshero has a huge thread aboud modding them over at head-fi. If you're up to it and killing your warranty right away that is, he recommends it:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/406187/modding-the-sennheiser-pc350-headset

Just some food for though as you continue your search, good luck man! :toast:
  10. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    I've seen the mod before on Head-Fi. But what's the point in buying headphones when you intentionally know that they'll be shit?

Okay, let's just put it this way - Don't post suggestions about headphones. I understand that people are trying to help but it's taking over my topic and my mind is already set.

However thanks to all those stubborn people trying to get me to buy something else ;D
  11. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    bump