1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Heaven 3.0 Benchmark Scores

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by neko77025, Mar 9, 2012.

1. sirbaili

Thanks Received:
    Yes

I've tried it at maximum settings:

Here are the results:

Attached Files:

2. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Here is mine benchmark at Highest settings.....

with computer set to...

i7 2600K @4.5|G.Skill 1866Mhz Sniper|Sapphire HD 7970 Xfire @ Stock

I thought I would for sure loose to the HD6950 Tri-fire!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Aquinus

Aquinus Resident Wat-man

Thanks Received:
  4. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    I ran it to the same comparison as sirbaili if I run it at Op's settings It might be even more evident. Or I speculate things wouldn't change they are lower settings then what we ran at

Here are some runs at Op's settings

1. @ stock
    [​IMG]
    2. @1125Mhz
    [​IMG]
    3. @ Stock with Heaven Bench at max settings
    [​IMG]
    4. Op's Settings @ 1202 Mhz
    [​IMG]
    CPU starting to bottleneck.... Need to up it to my 4.8 or 5ghz setting. No bragging involved.... but I am just surprised 3x6950's is one hell of a beast of a setup!!! For sure!!! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  5. sirbaili

Thanks Received:
    Thuban X6 1090T and HD6950 Triple XFIRE

So...

I tried different settings at this time:

Cpu Was OC-ed to 4.0Ghz and Cards to 915Mhz Core and 1330Mhz Memory.

The result is 80.7 FPS,

Attached Files:

6. spixel New Member

Thanks Received:
    Everything at stock.

[​IMG]

7. crept1o New Member

Thanks Received:
    What should i expect from this setup

i7 3820 @ stock 3.60
    Asus Rampage Formula
    8Gig DDR3
    Nvidia GTX 570 Sli 1 a phantom model the other just a standard one @ stock
    850w PSU corsair

Oh and the temps when gaming like bf3 the cards reach 80c and the cpu is about 66c is that about right? I am very rusty of pc making been a while

now downloading it so will post it up in a bit

8. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Nice run man.... You think you can get those cars up a lil bit higher? Love to see it :)

I would say you could expect a score of about 2300 to 2700 points depending how much you OC your cards in this benchmark. very similar score to GTX 480's in SLI.

The CPU temp seems a little high unless you are using a stock cooler. If you are then it's seems about normal (Maybe a tad high) The cards temps are just fine. That is normal to 80C on modern day video cards like you have. Especially from the top card in SLI Use fan control you could bring those temps down a bit on the cards.

9. crept1o New Member

Thanks Received:
    here we go; So about the gtx 480 in sli how come they would be similar in score when they are older cards?, sorry i am a big noob at this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/833/heaven2012031321535155.jpg/

Yea they are stock fans on the cards and cpu, if i were to overclock ethier of them would it be safe using them fans

not sure how to go about overclocking

10. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Because the GTX 480 and the GTX 570 have very similar specs. The GTX 480 would've really been the GTX 570 to begin with, but when Nvidia was rushing Fermi to production Fermi wasn't ready. So they released a card that ran way to hot that had specs very close to the GTX 570 and called it the GTX 480. Later when Fermi matured they released the GTX 580 which was the original idea of how fermi (GTX480) would've been from release.

The reason Nvidia rushed was because they needed something to compete against the HD5870 from ATI

Kind of the same thing they are doing now with the GTX 680

The GTX 580/570/480 are for all intents and purposes pretty much the same chip... only some differences are clocks, Cores locked, memory and some other small differences

crept1o says thanks.
  11. crept1o New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ah ok got ya, thanks for the info.

about overclocking is there a easy way to do it like just to overclock a small amount so it wont blow up on stock fans, what programes are used to overclock normally? not sure if i should oc the gfx cards as they are 80c on load already

wonder if the gtx680 will be better than gtx570 in sli

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  12. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Well to answer your question about if the GTX 680 will be better then a GTX 570 SLI set up.... the GTX 680 performance will be very comparable to the HD 7970 out currently. So in some instances I would say "Yes" It will be better than an GTX 570 SLI setup. But in most instances the answer will be "No". Although not by that much. I guess it all depends on what your goals with your cards.

As far as overclocking goes.... yes there are some good programs out there for overclocking... some of these are....

MSI Afterburner (Make sure you have the latest version even consider getting the latest Beta)
    EVGA Precision
    Nvidia Inspector

To name a few.... I found those the best for you basic overclocking and moderate overclocking. Before you get into high end overclocking I would do a lot of research first on how to overclock.

Better yet do your research first period.... you would hate to kill those expensive cards for no reason right?

crept1o says thanks.
  13. crept1o New Member

Thanks Received:

If the 680 gives better performance and lower power consumption to the sli setup i will go for that, all i do is play fps games just want it on highest detail and smooth as ..

thanks I will give that a go see what happens do some research

With the sli

each card has a diffrent bios and diffrent clock settings should they not be the same as each other as is the voltage different

14. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Well honestly if you can get those cards to work together in SLI..... I am impressed. SLI is really picky compared to Crossfire. Crossfire will allow you to use cards like that and keep each clock setting. SLI.... usually won't work like that..... it will cause issues. If not issues it will down clock one of the cards for sure to match the other. If they are both different styles of cards that means they are probably different PCB's too. Which means flashing the BIOS to match is out of the question.

In terms of performance for the GTX 680. Remember the performance gains might not be there all that much. They will be there only by a small amount and in some cases and the GTX 680 will loose in other cases. But in a lot of cases they will be pretty close to even too. But the GTX 680 won't have a microstutter problem (Because it is a single chip) it won't be anywhere near as power hungry!!!! And will play most any game maxed out.... Minus some exceptions.
    Do some research on the pros and cons of SLI GTX 570 setup. Also do some research on a single chip setup. See which one will fit your needs better.

Me personally I own a Duel HD7970 Crossfire setup. I don't notice any microstutter and it works for me just fine. But it is what worked for me.

crept1o says thanks.
  15. crept1o New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah the 2 cards run at diffclocks not by much 50hz , i over clocked them using evga one, upped the 2nd card 50hz to match the other one, seems stable and about 5-10 fps more. on that bench mark, tried 100mz but it locked up. temps are up by about 8c

they are the same make card, one is called gainward Phantom the other was just called gainward. I will wait and see how the 680 is when it is out, when ever that is

I was going to try and over clock the cpu a bit but i cant get into bios for the life of me, since i had this all new upgrade, the keyboard says not detected until it gets into windows so pressing Del when it says to press it to get into bios is not possible, no idea why it is doing this.

16. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Well I can actually answer that for you right now. They will be releasing this month with large quantities in April. Just trust me when I say this.

That is good that the GTX 570 work together.... in terms of controlling the fan enable fan control and turn the fans up. Try using MSI afterburner though. It's a much better program. So is Nvidia inspector as far as I am concerned. You will get rid of the 8C degree difference. Plus remember cooler cards are happier cards especially with overclocking.

crept1o says thanks.
  17. crept1o New Member

Thanks Received:
    so it does msi is good, went up 100hz and same temps stable, so the 680 is the mid range one? wonder how much the 690 will be if there is one?

18. spixel New Member

Thanks Received:
    sorry replied to wrong thread >_<

19. DOM

DOM

Thanks Received:
    Yes the 680 "isn't" the high end gpu and the 690 is going to be dual k104 gpus

20. buggalugs

buggalugs

Thanks Received:
    This thread is all wrong because people are using different settings. The other thing is Heaven 3 seems to disable tessellation by default.

The OPs 8x AF is not the default option. Heaven has always had AF on 4x by default and tessellation on normal.

Unless default options are different depending on the power of your computer?

Anyway we all should be using 4x AF, 1920x1080 res and tessellation on normal, the rest on defaults. That makes the scores comparable with older heaven 2.5 scores

[​IMG]

With Ops settings, much the same:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  21. phoen

phoen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Here we go.

Attached Files:

• hb.jpg
      hb.jpg
      File size:
      112.2 KB
      Views:
  22. buggalugs

buggalugs

Thanks Received:
    Theres something wierd going on with heaven 3.0, I get 25% higher score on the same settings I used on heaven 2.5, and your 480 scores higher than a 580, even though you have an old CPU:

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/46...eo_card_tested_with_catalyst_12_2/index5.html

Of course it can depend on how your graphics options are set in the video card driver too but there seems to be big inconsistencies.

23. phoen

phoen New Member

Thanks Received:
    GTX 480 O/C to 906/1812/2113 is like a GTX 580...

24. Shurakai

Shurakai New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well here's mine with the OP's requested settings and one with everything max, going by other peoples 7970 results its nice to see I have pretty much the worst model.

OP Default:
    [​IMG]

Extreme:
    [​IMG]

Edit: Only reason I don't have a low minimum like everyone else is because I let it run for a bit, if I didn't I would get 10-11 min fps, doesn't really effect the overall score though

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  25. craigo

craigo

Thanks Received:
    My score seems a bit low.
    do you guys think it is the resolution?
    I could change the television to be the primary display so i can do 1080/fullscreen.
    would that help?

Attached Files: