1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HEC/Compucase power supplies, anyone know anything about them?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by mastrdrver, Jun 9, 2010.

1. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Been looking at some of their cases at Newegg. Depending on if their power supplies are decent or not could make some of the combo deals good. Just can't seem to find anything not 2+ years or older on them.

Right now I'm just looking for something to power an AM3 790GX board, 1TB black, and a dvd drive with room to expand a little. I know its not a demanding system, just need something that will be able to handle a add in graphics card and some light overclocking without going up in fireworks.

This is for a build for my brother-in-law and sister. Trying to keep a case and psu under 80 bucks.
  2. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    cougar series are very similar to enermax. i think they are made in the same place.
    mastrdrver says thanks.
  3. Bravo2Zero

Bravo2Zero New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had a HEC 500 watt power supply it worked perfectly for 12 months being on continuous the only problem i had with it is non bearing fans around the 12 month mark the power supply failed due to the fan sezeing i didnt pick it up in time and the power supply cooked and stoped working . I would recomend a coolermaster power suppy or a corsair they boath have fans with bearings and should not jam or seze with long operation .
    mastrdrver says thanks.
  4. mastrdrver

mastrdrver

Thanks Received:
    Well I was able to avoid it all together and jumped on the shell shocker. The combo with the 500gb 7200.12 made the Blitz end up being 10 bucks.......so I got two. What I'm going to do with two mice I have no idea.