1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hellgate London Any Good?

Discussion in 'Games' started by OrbitzXT, Dec 31, 2007.

1. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm currently at a state where games that were once interesting no longer are. I recently sold my WoW and FFXI accounts cause I was bored of them and don't really have much to play. I enjoy MMOs, even some of the not so great ones like Lord of the Rings Online, Phantasy Star Universe. I heard Hellgate was "good but not great", entertaining for awhile then gets repetative...which seems to be the problem with a lot of these types of games. I also like being involved in MMOs while they're newer and fresh. So what is this game like anyway? Is it worth getting to kill a few hours? Are there any bugs or gameplay issues?

2. TUngsten

TUngsten

Thanks Received:
    Bugs and gameplay issues, yes. Fun? For about the first few hours, yes. Then the bugs and gameplay issues will have you looking for the uninstall button.

My opinion, YMMV

3. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    Yes, very repetitive. Biggest problem being the lack of scenery change. Also the ending is a bit underwhelming. Will wait from some additional content from Flagship before playing through again. Otherwise if I continued playing (higher difficulty setting), I'd probably burn out.

No issues that I've experienced (after the patches released after game launch).

4. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was reading about a game called The Witcher which I'm having a hard time finding anything negative about. I might end up getting that instead.

5. Jizzler

Jizzler

Thanks Received:
    +1

The Witcher is one I want to play as well. Wait til HGL is in the $20 and less game bin....

6. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    I was in the HGL beta, it was ok, but got boring.

I personally HATED the Witcher, I couldn't stand the combat system. There is a demo of the Witcher at filefront.com if you want to try it.

7. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok wait on the witcher i cant play it more than an hour before it crashes in xp and in vista it is a good game its just that you cant play it the latest patches dont do anything about it, hgl is a god game if you just play it like an hour at a time but other than that it gets way to repetitive after a while

8. jocksteeluk

jocksteeluk New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 13th room on the 13th floor of the 13th buildi
    Hellgate london support sucks arses, absolute bollocks, right now i have items disappearing from my account and there is no way of contacting a GM or equivalent or support. The game gets very boring after a while and is very repetitive, anyone looking to test this game i would recommend waiting until it is available for £10 that way you wont care about using the disk as a tea cosy.

9. reverze

Thanks Received:
    Not sure about Hell Gate but I gave the Witcher a try and personally didn't find it keeping my attention spand. I played WoW for two years, and just really wasn't into the feel or the gameplay. Although, I heard the new patch includes some great improvements, I didn't give it another chance.. Maybe I will in the near future! I also read you don't really begin to enjoy the game until Chapter 2.. I didn't even make it through the first. I guess it just depends on what you like. I say give it a try and see what you think!

10. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    I played The Withcher and yeah, the game becomes enjoyable when you stroll into chapter 2 and 3... Eventho there was the patch, there were still some crashes but not that often.... Story seems aok... Wish I'd had more time playing games.

11. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Hellgate looks pretty in dx10 mode,it is repetetive tho'

12. refluxxed New Member

Thanks Received:
  13. Silverel

Silverel

Thanks Received:
    It takes a different kind of gamer then. I enjoyed the demo of it, played through both characters. A lot of stuff was broken, but likely because it was a demo. I can see it being thoroughly playable.

Especially coming from WoW gamers.. man.. Wow seems horribly repetitive by itself. The only thing that really makes it playable is the overwhelming amount of people online at anytime. Wow to me is a social grinding game. Maybe HGL just needs to be more open-world styled. Hrm...

14. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Witcher seems to have an extremely easy AI.
    Thats the biggest complaint I have heard.

As for Hellgate London, wasnt this developed by a lot of ex-diablo developers.
    I think that is why soo many people thought this game would be excellent.