1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP! Atitool and the latest nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by hepkat17, Jul 5, 2008.

1. hepkat17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have an EVGA 7800GT card, I had it replaced twice when I first bought it 2 years ago because horrible artifacts. The last time I gave up and got into overclocking, it was overclocked at the factory to 470/1200 the GTX specs when it is supposed to be 400/1000 or 400/1100, I had got coolbits and fixed it.

Its been awhile since I played, just started and was getting bad artifacts again. I checked my clocking with coolbits and saw that it was gone, I guess from the latest nvidia drivers. I redownloaded coolbits and installed and my computer as soon as loading windows couldn't see anything. I had to secure mode and restore.

I just now got Atitool, and just as I thought, its back to the 470/1200 clock speed. It is actually showing 470/1200 0/0/ 470/1200. (side question = is low 3d supposed to be at zero?) I tried playing empire earth and its low3d.dll file keeps giving me an error)

Anyway, I go to save the profile at the correct clock settings and it says can't save profile. How do I fix my card/force it to save at the correct clock settings? It's locked into major overclocking.
  2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I wonder if the TIM material they are using on those cards are causing heating problems. That is a good cause of artifacting. Also, if its not saving clocks, you may have to have it start with Windows to put them back. The card, unless bios flashed I think (at least for mine) has to be tuned to the clocks every restart.
  3. hepkat17 New Member

Thanks Received:
    So far looking like I'll have to keep atitool on all the time and set it everytime I start.