1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP - Blue screen of Death on loadup, Win7

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Hellfire, May 28, 2010.

1. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone,

I was playing on my PC last night, everything was fine, I shut down and installed an update, Woke up this morning and went to turn it on, Everytime I turn the PC on I get an error, it works for a second, then the screen distorts/goes all weird and then BSOD, it happens if I try to open any program on my PC.

I can load in safe mode and it is relatively fine, I tried a registry cleaner, but it is still happening, Sometimes the BSOD says "Bad Pool Header" sometimes it doesn't

HELP please. I do not want to have to reinstall windows again, Only had it installed for a few days.
  2. burebista

burebista

Thanks Received:
    It looks like that update is culprit. If you can enter Safe Mode try a System restore prior to that update.
    Hellfire says thanks.
  3. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    I did try one, and it BSOD's with the error, the restore point was the one before the "critical" update,

Tried again, the one before it and it seems fine, however I may have lost more programs installed, but I can do it again of course.

I am trying the update again, it is the "Malicious tool May update" (Obviously as I just installed I am a little behind on the updates)

So anyway we'll see if it does it again!
  4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    I know some will cringe at this but it sounds like its time for a fresh install of the OS. If that doesn't fix the issue then its hardware. If it ends up being hardware post back here and we will help you find the culprit.

However before you do anything go to the reliability monitor and see what the error was exactly. That will get us started.

Also if you have ANYTHING OC I would set it back to default.
    Hellfire says thanks.
  5. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    thanks, but the system restore worked perfectly, I reinstalled the updates and it is fine, no OC'd equipment, the thing with the fresh install of the OS is the fact it has only been installed for 3 days.

Cheers but It is working fine now, Thank you all very much though.
  6. Aleksander

Thanks Received:
    In bios select optimal options in order to set the computer without OC. Normally it has to do with ram, so lowering the voltage of ram is the most important thing to do. Even if it shows again the blue screen with default voltages, you must lower it again.
  7. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    thanks but I hadn't OC'd it yet as I've only had it 3days, I believe it was a corrupt update as It seems fine now, all programs working and after a couple of restarts no BSOD, Once again though thank you.
  8. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad to hear it man. It might have been a bum install of the update. MS has been doing that a lot lately IMO. Ive had two updates install in the last 3 months that caused my system to go nuts.

Don't be fuckin with RAM voltages usless you know what you are doing to the 10th power.
  9. Hellfire

Thanks Received:
    Yeah cheers, thats what I am figuring as well. However so far I am liking Win7 (first time using it)