1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Building New Rig

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by ushy86, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ushy86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello everyone, i was wondering if anybody could give me a little hand on buying a new gaming rig. I want it to be able to run todays high end games with high to max settings with stable fps aswell as making it viable for a few yrs to come. Im looking to drop atleast $1400 canadian on one.
    Right now im am looking through tigerdirect and newegg, but im not sure if it is better to single out pieces to build the rig or to buy in a huge bundle, maybe somebody can enlighten me.

I was thinking something along these lines : ( which is a quick find to work off of )
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103154

and then i will find some kind of lcd and ps to along with them.

Thanks ahead of time to anybody that is willing to help.

Btw i am upgrading from an older agp system.
    p4 3.0
    2gig kingston ddr2
    radeon 2600 hd 512mb
    500w ps
    win xp
    There are the basic, sorry for not going more into detail as i am more of a gamer then a builder :p
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  2. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    ushy86 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. JousteR

JousteR

Thanks Received:
    You need to give us your newegg id and password with that too... :)...

As with the build what you posted should be fine maybe tweaked alittle or a lot once the others see this thread. :)
  4. ushy86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the quick reply but it seems i cant check the wish list. It looks like Newegg doesn't have registration addresses for Canadians ? And if i plan to use it i need it :twitch:
  5. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    ushy86 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  6. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    might want to also work on your Url tags.. all that come up is HTTP is not found, web suggestions.

But, on a better note. The build does look good Barb. I had Xigmatek stuff and loved the coolers... But, it does look pretty nice for the kid
  7. ushy86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ^ Yeah besides the url tags thanks a bunch, i just copied and pasted the names... i will see what happens from here. One last Q b4 i go, from a gaming perspective whats the difference between getting the c2d e8500 in comparison with like q9450's or w/e is it the quad cores that aren't supported yet like i hear ? Hope that question made sense.
  8. ENIAC

ENIAC New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Nvidia 700 series chipset originally had a video corruption issue, which is well documented. There's a Youtube video which shows what it looks like. I understand there have been some BIOS updates to address it. I would suggest you check around and make sure the problem is solved. Otherwise, I understand that MB OC's very well.