1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP choose a case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by bamdaman14, Jun 24, 2011.

1. bamdaman14 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I need help with choosing between a

Corsair Obsidian 650D- Corsair Obsidian Series 650D (CC650DW-1) Black Ste...

and

CM 690 II Advanced- [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119216&cm_re=cm_690_ii_advanced-_-11-119-216-_-Product[/url]

2. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    I'd pick the 690 because-

a. it's a proven case with good airflow
    b. it's $100 cheaper than your other selection

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I disagree with A as the Obsidan series from Corsair is proven to be great. It should provide better and quieter air flow than a 692.

You should split the different can get a Corsair 600T which is at least $20 cheaper.

4. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    I'm not saying the Obsidan isn't a better case, but on the same count, you can't say the 690 isn't a good case also. Even if the Obsidan has alittle better airflow than the 690(I honestly don't know if it does or not), is it really worth $100?

Honestly, when it comes down to it, both cases are good choices. Pick the one YOU like the look of best.

TheLaughingMan says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  5. LordJummy

LordJummy New Member

Thanks Received:
    From my experience with the 800D, and the 690, I can tell you that the obsidian cases ARE worth the extra money. If you are looking for a case that truly has all the features you could want, tons of room, extremely solid build, the obsidians are hard to beat unless you go into the $500 range.

Corsair's cases are on a different tier than CM IMO. They are just plain better.

6. TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

Thanks Received:
    I agree with both of those last statements.

I don't recommend cases to people because they can not be truly justified with calculated testing. The reason is because it will ultimately weight on what kinda money you are willing to spend on a case and your particular likes and dislikes about a case. There are dozens of cases we all could recommend that are quiet, good airflow, good build quality, etc. But if you think its ugly, none of that matters does it.

Here is a blind side. Wait a few more weeks and get the Corsair 500R for around $120 when it comes out. It will look like this. That truly is the middle and has many of the quality build features of its bigger brothers.

P.S. If it matters, yet there will be an all black version out at the same time. Or you can go with the 400R for $100 to save a few more dollars for a entry level sound card or something.