1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Choosing a Case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding & Electronics' started by SolidSnakeUS, Nov 21, 2011.

1. SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm torn between a few cases and I would like your opinions on some of them. And yes, I am looking for great price to performance/features ratios as well. Here's the list of cases that I've been looking at:

Corsair 400R
    Corsair 500R
    Corsair 650D
    Cooler Master Storm Trooper
    Antec P280

And just letting you know, for some of the cases that don't have the USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 adapter that the 400R/500R has, I got one from a friend, so that is no issue.

Also, currently, I'm leaning towards the Trooper, unless someone can convince me for something else.

Thanks in advance.
  2. N-Gen

N-Gen

Thanks Received:
    Could you give us more info? What you plan to put in it or what you want to add in the future?
  3. SolidSnakeUS

SolidSnakeUS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well sorry for not having a sig that has my current configuration.

Basically I'm looking at a case that I could use for basically anything. Huge CPU hole in the back plate. USB 3.0 at a minimum. I plan on using my current system (i7-860, HIS 5850, 8GB DDR3-1600, etc) until the new AMD cards come out and also Ivy Bridge is out then I'll be using those. Basically, I'm looking at a case that can hold almost anything I could think of. Also currently 4 hard drives and 1 disk drive (but I'll hopefully get another disk drive to add to it). Something that could be more future proof than the parts inside of it.

I would be moving from a Thermaltake ElementS case to one of these.

Hope that's enough, let me know if it isn't.